I Missed You PT.2

At some time during the night he woke up with a jolt, shaken by a dream he couldn't recall. He lay awake facing the wall, trembling as if in fever, almost paralyzed, when he felt someone's weight make a dip in the mattress. A cool, dry hand ran through his hair, moving it away from his face.

He looked at her over his shoulder as she touched his forehead. Sarada.

He didn't remember to ask her when she returned, how she entered the house, or why she came in the middle of the night, though she must have been to her house to take a shower and change, for she smelt of soap and was wearing her old home clothes.

He reached for her with his hand, touching her face tenderly, running his thumb over her cheekbone.

Every nerve in his body went alive when she leaned into his palm and kissed it, wrapping her hand around his wrist.

Her eyes were soft and steady, though she looked like she wanted to cry. She ran her hand through his hair again. The tip of her finger traced the line of his jaw and chin and to the very edge of his lips.

There was a terrible split in her lower lip, and he could only imagine how much it hurt. He tried to sit up, but she pushed him down gently, shaking her head.

"It's late," she whispered. "I just needed -" she gasped mid-sentence, for Boruto had switched her on her back, tangling them both in his blanket.

Instinctively, she spread her palm over his chest where his heart was. Resting his weight on his knees and elbows, he realized that she had let her guard down. Sarada Uchiha had let her guard down, for him.

She gazed up at him now, still and expectant. He smiled at her softly, leaning down to touch their foreheads together, making the tips of their noses brush as well.

She lifted herself slightly, seeking his mouth. Blood rushed through his body as he grazed her lips with his own, careful not to hurt her.

Sarada shivered beneath him, partly from the cold outside, and her body relaxed. She inhaled deeply, kissing him with more certainty, running the tip of tongue over his lower lip.

Her lips were cool and she tasted slightly of blood, but it was still her, her warmth and her arms, her voice that will wake him up in the morning. 

Her hands slid under his shirt to touch the bare skin of his back, making his heart leap. He had missed her, more than he wanted to remember, with a dull ache in his chest and a desperation he couldn't explain.

And every movement of her lips, every touch and inhale became more urgent with every passing second.

All he could think about was that she was back, and she was with him, and she wasn't going to leave.

He kissed the line of her jaw and the spot just below her ear, taking time as he moved onto her neck. He loved the sound of her breathing, soft and hitched, quiet enough so that only he could hear it, even if they weren't alone.

When they pulled away at last, breathless and flushed, Boruto scooped her in his arms so that they were facing each other, hugging her close to his chest.

He ran his fingertips up and down her forearm, occasionally slipping his hand under her sleeve to rub her bare shoulder and collarbone, and down again to the inner side of her elbow.

One of her hands was protectively on his back, and the other was in his hair, cuddling him in a soothing motion, making him sleepy.

"Sarada?"

"Hm?"

"Don't go," he whispered, barely managing to keep his eyes open.

Her hand stilled. Boruto knew what she was going to say.

You know I must. 

This wasn't the same as when they had been alone, free to spend the night together without answering anyone's questions, but there must have been something about his voice that made her move so that she could see him.

Her eyes, black and inquiring, searched his face. She sighed at last.

"I just came back from a mission, and I'm tired, so you must wake me up early, do you understand?" she asked in her familiar commanding tone.

He grinned lazily. "Yes, ma'am."

She leaned in, planting a tender kiss on his forehead. "I missed you," she whispered just before he drifted off. This time, without nightmares.

_________________________________________

(@ladyuchiha96: tumblr )

Disclaimer : Naruto and Boruto : Naruto Next Generations belong to Masashi Kishimoto, Ukyo Kodachi and Mikio Ikemoto.