Living Space

Sarada took a deep breath and held it in as she jogged up the stairs. Whatever was waiting behind that door was anyone's guess. She just hoped that if it was the best case scenario for Boruto, they would have the decency to go to his room and try not to be so loud tonight. However, if it was the worse case scenario... she finally reached their door and sighed out the breath she was holding. Carefully pressing her ear against the door first, she rummaged in her purse for her keys.

It was quiet.

Her palms started to sweat and she wiped them against her skirt. Her forehead creased as she fumbled and jingled her keys loudly before plugging it into the doorknob.

The door clicked and she slowly pushed it open. Sarada peeked in and found herself in another world. Their apartment lights were off, yet the whole room glowed in the light of what appeared to be a hundred candles. They littered the floor and every available surface top in the living and dining area.

Her eyes shifted to the dining room and found it set up for two. Bowls of pasta, chicken, and a small cake on the side. They were untouched, and by the looks of the fat solidifying on the sauce, it had already gone cold. Sarada's lips pressed into a fine line, and her heart twisted when she looked over to the living room.

Boruto sat on the couch, his head thrown back on the headrest, arms and legs hopelessly thrown about. His sleeves were rolled up right below his elbows, and the top buttons were undone, as well as his tie. On the center table were two wine glasses. One was empty, and the other was full, untouched. The contents in the bottle were dangerously low.

Her stomach dropped. It was the worse case scenario. Boruto got stood up.

It hurt so much to see him hurt. He had been so excited and hopeful that what he had planned would save his relationship with his girlfriend. Apparently, that wasn't the case. Her blood started to boil, but jealousy floated to the top. This girl was an idiot for not wanting to make things work with Boruto, but Boruto was a bigger idiot for not realizing that she wasn't worth it.

I'm worth it. She thought but hastily threw the idea away. It wasn't the time to be selfish.

Sarada placed a hand on her chest and swallowed as she approached him. "Hey."

Boruto let out a shaky sigh and replied without looking at her, "Hey."

She forced a small smile on her lips, but her eyes reflected his hurt. "Looks like you're having a blast over here."

Boruto smirked, but even this did not hide his forlorn expression. "Having the time of my life."

A little light blinked near the television, making her look that way. The CD player had stopped and Sarada's mouth went dry. Just how long had he been sitting here in silence? She shook her head. This simply wouldn't do. Boruto was a ball of sunshine. Seeing him get rained on like this was unacceptable.

Sarada pulled her phone out and hooked it up to the Bluetooth speakers instead. A blue light lit up, and a little "ding!" echoed, signaling that it was connected. She went through her playlist and picked a song.

The first few notes floated through the air, bringing the romantic vibe back into their shared living space. The candles flickered, shadows casting warm orange and yellow hues on the walls and ceiling. She walked and stopped in between his legs, their knees slightly brushing.

"Come on, get up," she commanded, as her hand extended towards him.

Boruto's eye peeked from under his messy blond hair, and his eyebrow quirked up. "I didn't set all of this up for a pity party, ya know?"