Girl Like Her

It was funny to see Boruto behaving like a confused raging bull. Especially the way his nose flared up and the manner in which he stomped against the ground hard. A pout adorned his face similar to that of a petulant, spoiled child who just has been refused a bag of candies.

A knowing smirk etched over Shikadai's lips.

"Sarada again?"

He's met with a fierce glare from Boruto.

"Who else?"

Shikadai shook his head in mirth. He was not surprised. After all, Boruto's only problem was Sarada. The only person out here capable of controlling his mischievous streak and dangerous habit of playing pranks.

It was actually hilarious to see that the great Boruto Uzumaki in a pinch. Boruto could've any girl he wished, thanks to his attractive physique, golden hair and brilliant blue eyes. He had a charming and friendly attitude, with an equal parts of athletic and academic personality. He was so 'cool' that the girls would swoon over him and boys would respect him.

But sadly enough for him, none of that charm and hotness ever worked, when, Boruto stood in front of Sarada. The girl was completely resistant against Boruto and his antics.

She was opposite of Boruto in every way possible. Her studious and serious personality was in contrast to his easy going attitude. She was a focused person with a straight aiming towards her goals, refusing to get distracted. She had an authoritative element prominent in her behavior but she never hesitated to help any person in need. Girls adored her and she definitely had her fair share of admirers. A lot of admirers actually.

It was a mystery to everyone. A mystery surrounding their friendship.

How does their friendship even works?

They were so explosive together that it was stunning. Any moment they could be trying to strangle and be at the other's throat and any moment they'd be comforting one another with loving words and calming gestures. But any sane person could see the amount of adoration and care they had for each other.

"What happened this time?"

Inojin asked, his smile almost taunting.

Boruto settled himself on the couch and buried his head in his palms and groaned loudly.

"It's complicated."

"Since when did handling a girl became complicated for casanova Boruto? Huh?"

Inojin half laughed and half smirked.

Boruto's annoyed gaze flickered over to Inojin, his eyes were narrowed in slight indignation.

"You know it, Inojin. Not a girl like her."

Inojin raises a blond brow in interest to Boruto's response.

"A girl like her? So, she's different than others you've had?"

"Of course she is!" Boruto bellowed, "They're not even close to her. There's no comparison! She's much more perplexing. She–She's complicated like the DaVinci code, you know, but harder to crack."

"I can help you with that, I think." A new but familiar voice supplied from the side.

All the three boys get startled at appearance of the owner of the voice, eyes blinking as they stare at his perpetual smile.

"Mitsuki? Where'd you come from?" Boruto asked, a little confused.

"I've been here the whole time." His signature smile turned wide and all the other three of them shivered at his creepiness.

"So, I was saying that I can help you." Mitsuki continued.

Even though Boruto is skeptical of Mitsuki's idea, he decided to listen. Because something is better than nothing and when it comes to Sarada, he is always at a loss.

Mitsuki's golden eyes shine with all the seriousnes.

"Be honest. Tell her your feelings. She'll understand."

Blue eyes widened in response to Mitsuki's words. "You think I should?" when he received encouraging nods from all three to them, he smiled defeatedly.

"No other choice, huh? Fine, maybe she'll understand and forgive me."

He then left to find Sarada and apologize to her for his previous misbehavior, murmuring to himself and practicing an apology all the way.

"Whoa Mitsuki! I never knew you were such an amazing love expert." Inojin looked impressed and so did Shikadai.

"No, I'm not. I just quoted a few lines from this book." Mitsuki smiled and pulled out something from beneath his sleeves.

The shock was too much. Shikadai and Inojin fainted after discovering that the relationship advice for Boruto and Sarada was derived from a copy of Icha-Icha paradise.

___________________________________

(@darkprincess888 on fanfiction.net)

Disclaimer : Naruto and Boruto : Naruto Next Generations belong to Masashi Kishimoto, Ukyo Kodachi and Mikio Ikemoto.