She does not feel the same

Team 7 was back in Konoha after a two-day mission. Mitsuki and Sarada made their way home, while Boruto and Kawaki did the same. Kawaki took a few steps before realizing that Boruto was not following him. He turned around and saw Boruto staring at Sarada. It was not the first time Kawaki noticed the way he looked at her. Every time she walked into a room, Boruto's face lit up. Every time she spoke to him, he smiled. He would have had to be blind not to see that Boruto was in love with Sarada for years.

Once Sarada disappeared around the corner, Boruto joined Kawaki. He frowned when he saw him staring at him.

"What ?" Boruto asked. "Can I ask you a question ?"

Boruto nodded.

"When are you going to tell her what you feel ?" "What are you talking about ?"

Boruto started walking and Kawaki followed him.

"You know very well what I'm talking about. When are you going to tell Sarada that you love her ?" "You're talking nonsense." "Stop lying. I saw that you were in love with her from the first day I met you. And I know you inside out. I know that even after all these years, your feelings have not changed."

Boruto stopped walking. He looked at Kawaki and smiled sadly at him.

"It doesn't matter. Sarada doesn't feel the same way I do, so forget it."

Kawaki did not answer. He knew there was no point in continuing this conversation. He had never met somebody as stubborn as Boruto and when he made a decision, he never went back on it. Even if it hurt him. He only hoped Boruto would open his eyes and would change his mind before it was too late and he lost Sarada for good. After all the hardships he had been through because of Momoshiki and the Otsutsuki, he deserved to be happy.

******

Kawaki, Boruto, Chocho and Sarada were at the Thunder Burger. The Uzumaki brothers had met Sarada and Chocho by chance on their way to the Thunder Burger and decided to go together.

Several weeks had passed since the conversation between Boruto and Kawaki and since then neither of them had talked about it again. Boruto and Kawaki were about to eat their second burger, while Chocho had turned to look in the queue where Sarada had gone to get drinks.

"What is she doing ?" Chocho said. "It's been hours since Sarada left to get the drinks."

Kawaki rolled his eyes. It had barely been two minutes. He had a quick look at the queue and he saw what was delaying Sarada. She was talking to one of the waiters. It was Shun. By dint of going to the Thunder Burger with Boruto, Kawaki had come to know all of the employees. Shun was a pretty nice boy, but Kawaki had always found him uninteresting.

Kawaki frowned when he saw Shun's flirty smile and Sarada's blush. He did not see any good coming of all this for Boruto. Sarada returned to their table with the drinks. She put them on the table and sat down next to Chocho.

"What took you so long ?" Chocho asked.

Sarada's cheeks turned redder.

"Shun asked me to go out with him tomorrow evening."

Boruto's hand shook. He hid it under the table, hoping no one would notice. Chocho quickly turned her head towards Shun. Her eyes shone and a huge smile lit up her face, like every time she heard about the beginning of a love story.

"What did you answer him ?" She asked. "Did you accept ?" "Not yet. I don't know if that's a good idea." Sarada answered.

She looked shyly at Boruto.

"What do you think ?"

Boruto smiled at her.

"You should agree. Shun is a good guy." "Maybe you're right."