Drabble

''They're in love.'' Sarada commented absentmindedly while she and her teammates sat under a tree, watching the daughter of the fire daimyo and her escort, the escort that is supposed to deliver her to her future husband, the future wind daimyo.

''How did you come to this conclusion?'' Mitsuki asked curiously.

He was very curious to the matters of the heart, a curiosity brought upon by the controversial views many famous authors have had.

And after four years of being teammates with the Uchiha and Uzumaki, he figured out that Sarada is the one that understands the most in these matters, a fact that will surprise Boruto, the same way he was surprised when he found out she likes romance novels.

''Did you see them kiss or something?'' Boruto asked, to which she only answered with a shake of her head, not removing her eyes from the pair.

''Then they don't love each other.'' boruto said smugly, as if he just said the wisest words ever said on the subject.

But it seems Sarada didn't find it so wise as her eyes tore from the couple and towards Boruto.

''Real love doesn't depend on physical intimacy.'' Sarada responded.

''And how do you know that?'' Boruto asked, cocking his head to the side in a teasing manner.

Mitsuki wasn't sure what he was teasing her about, it might be because to Boruto's knowledge, Sarada has never been in love, but it didn't make sense to Mitsuki since Boruto hasn't been in love either.

''I just do.''

''You can''t say that!'' Boruto objected upon hearing the girl's answer.

''I just did.'' Sarada said while, in contrary to what Mitsuki believed will happen, smiling at a confused and annoyed Boruto.

''Fine then, prove it.''

Sarada's eyebrow perked up before she sighed and started talking.

''It's like with mama and papa, I have never seen them kiss, barely seen them hug, but I just know from the way they look at each other that they would do whatever it takes to make the other happy, even if it meant they're own misery,'' Sarada spoke the last few words with a hint of melancholy in her voice, most likely because she knows that a part of the reason her father sacrificed so much, is because he knew that nothing will make her mother happier than seeing her daughter have a bright future devoid of god like creatures trying to end the world.

''It's the same with those two.'' Sarada continued, nodding her head towards the couple sitting on a bench, hands almost interlocking, the only thing holding them back being ridiculous social construct and the daimyo's greed in another country's money.

Boruto was about to say something when Sarada got up and headed towards the couple.

''I have a bad feeling about this.'' Mitsuki muttered.

Sarada rarely caused trouble for the team as she was the more grounded between the three of them.

But it seemed Mitsuki's the one who's going to take that position soon.

.

.

.

''Come on hurry up.'' Sarada ordered the couple running behind her, who, albeit were on the verge of collapse from all the running Sarada had them do, had wide smiles on their faces.

''You're the one who's going to explain this to my dad right?'' Boruto muttered following closely beside Sarada.

''Yeah don't worry, but I ain't explaining to Mitsuki's parent why we're using his hideout to hide two escaping lovers.''

''Don't worry about that.'' Mitsuki said, sporting the creepy smile that Sarada still hasn't got used too.

After they had successfully hide the couple in a hideout and set out traps and chakra suppressors, they headed towards Konoha.

''That was pretty brave of you Sarada, I guess we'll have to stop calling you the innocent one of the team.''

''Shut it baka, I hd a reason for doing this.''

''Yeah sure.''

Sarada was about to retort, but when she moved her head to look at Boruto and her gaze met his.

It felt weird, both Boruto and Sarada didn't know what it was or how to explain it, so after they stopped looking at each other, they ignored it, not thinking much of it.

But Mitsuki remembered Sarada's words about love and her example of her parents.

''You two make a good couple.'' Mitsuki said genuinely, but both Sarada and Boruto took it as teasing and proceeded to scold Mitsuki about their standards.

___________________________________

(@lazymilkshakecolor on tumblr )

Disclaimer : Naruto and Boruto : Naruto Next Generations belong to Masashi Kishimoto, Ukyo Kodachi and Mikio Ikemoto.