I'll Be Back

"Don't leave!" despite how her voice wavered, and the tears rolled down her cheeks, she had the audacity to put on a proud face and command him. "I order you not to go."

He smirked. "Pulling the Hokage card on me? That's low." Despite the light mood he tried to project, the hurt in his blue eyes were all too clear. "You know I have to," he said softly.

"I won't..." Sarada's breath hitched. "I won't forgive you." A lie. He always held a soft spot in her heart, and she knew this. She would get over this eventually and forgive him, but right now, she really wished and begged all the gods in the sky he would stay.

She felt his arms encircle her in a tight and fierce hug. His warmth washed over her, and it momentarily made her forget her sorrow. He always did know how to comfort her. "I'm doing this for you, too," he whispered. "I really wish I could stay."

Sarada clutched on to him, and pulled him closer. "Then stay." With me. Was left unsaid.

Boruto made a move to pull away. He took her hand in his and placed something in her palm. His blue eyes were glassy, all too hurt to see her in this state. "I'll be back." He stepped away from her, and let go of her hand.

"Promise me."

He grinned until his eyes closed. "I promise you, Sarada. I'll come back for you." With that, he disappeared in a whirl of leaves.

The wind blew through her dark locks and slowly, she opened her palm. She smiled and looked at the screw necklace. She knew he would keep his promise. Sarada placed the necklace on and looked up into the sky. She was confident he would be back for her. 

___________________________________

( @kairi-chan on tumblr )

Disclaimer : Naruto and Boruto : Naruto Next Generations belong to Masashi Kishimoto, Ukyo Kodachi and Mikio Ikemoto.