Bonding Over Bridgerton PT.6

CHAPTER 6 : Silence

"How many times do I have to tell you?" Boruto growled. "We're not together."

"You look awfully defensive, Boruto."

"No one asked you, Mitsuki!" He cut back.

Lashing out at his best friend was uncalled for, but the rest of their friends were not making it easy on him at all. For the past two weeks, they've been pestering him nonstop about Sarada. Simple teasing and a nudge or two on his shoulder—that's tolerable. But rubbing it in, and worse, taunting him by telling him they would ask Sarada out—Boruto had no patience for that at all.

"With that bad attitude, I'm sure Sarada isn't," Hoki smirked. Boruto's eyes narrowed at his friend as he spoke on. "A nice and pretty girl like her?" Hoki stuck his tongue out in a suggestive manner. "I can do her better."

"Bastard!" Boruto lunged at him, but Shikadai and Inojin held him back.

"Woah, there," Shikadai smirked. "I thought she wasn't your girl."

"Doesn't look like it now," Inojin added.

"Shut up." Boruto heard enough. His friends always liked to shit on him for fun, but they were going too far. Sarada isn't his girl. Yes, they do spend a lot of time together and yes, he likes it but... but rage bubbled in his chest as his friends continued to talk about her. Do her better? Boruto hadn't even kissed her. He wanted to, but she never made a move and he meant it when he said she would have to initiate.

He left his friends, still pissed. Sarada would be coming over for a movie—Emma, this time. Boruto watched the trailer and it looked like eye-candy, but with his current state, he needed something macabre.

Kicking off his shoes, Boruto hoped that a horror movie would calm him down enough. A run would have been nice, but Sarada was out for a run right now and he couldn't face her when his mood was this sour. She didn't deserve that. He jumped in bed, put on the goriest horror movie he could find on Ninflix, and zoned out. Even as the killing sprees started, it didn't ease his anger.

His thoughts kept drifting to his friends, their teasing, but ultimately it landed on Sarada. So what if he did like her? Was that a bad thing? It would be a bad thing if he didn't like her, right? Sarada's attractive, smart, and funny. What wasn't there to like about her?

In a friend way, that is. Let's be clear.

They had only known each other for a few weeks, finished the series, and were now on to the third Bridgerton book. Boruto wouldn't have had it any other way. When he wasn't at class or training, he was with her. If anything, it made him better. He felt better.

She not only spent time with him reading or watching, but she also listened to what he had to say. She wouldn't agree with everything. They still argued over everything. But they always resolved and understood each other at the end of it. At the end of the day, when it was time to close her eyes and sleep, she would bid him a good night, and Boruto would have the best sleep of his life whenever she was in his arms.

The sound of keys on the door clicked, and Sarada peeked inside. She abused the power that she now held over his spare dorm key. It now belonged on her own keychain. Boruto pretended to hate that she had access to his dorm. But he did like the pleasant visits she gave him while he studied, or him coming home to find her on his bed doing her own thing.

Her cheeks were flushed in a healthy glow, a light sheen of sweat on her forehead and shoulders. She had a duffel bag and a brown paper bag with her. "Hey," she greeted him. She began chatting about her run and the food she got from Thunder Burger but Boruto was only half listening.