Small Gestures

Boruto knocked urgently on the bathroom door.

"Sarada, please!" He begged. "I'm going to be late!" And kami knows he can't afford to be late. Today, Tsunade and Sakura was going to conduct an advanced medical class (without the use of medical ninjutsu) for the the special ANBU units. They had given stern warnings that whoever would be late would be their guinea pig—that involved actual bone breaking, cutting, and bruising.

Even just thinking about it already made him weep. "Please! Please!" He knocked again.

"You're not making me fall for your tricks again!" Came his wife's sharp response.

The blond comically weeped and whined, "pleeeease! I promise no funny business! I just need to shower."

Silence.

"I'll do the chores for a week," he bargained.

The door opened by a crack, and he saw his wife's long, black hair clinging on to the sides of her face and shoulders. She clutched on to a white fluffy towel to cover herself. "Two weeks."

His brows furrowed. "That's not fair, ya know!"

She slammed the door shut.

Boruto let out a shout of frustration. He knew his wife didn't hate doing chores, or ever complained. But with her busy schedule, he knew that if she had some assurance she wouldn't need to worry about keeping the house clean, she would relent eventually. "Fine!"

The door softly clicked open, and he saw her smile triumphantly. "I knew you would see my way."

He pouted at her, and hid the pink that tainted his cheeks. It was a good thing she was cute.

Sarada went back inside the shower and hung up her towel. Boruto couldn't help but stare at her lithe body. He found her distracting enough with clothes on, but now that he was seeing all of her... damn. Sometimes he just couldn't believe how lucky he was to be married to her.

"If you don't stop staring, you're going to be late," she smirked.

He froze. Right when it fully hit him what she mean, he hastily removed his clothes before jumping into the shower with his wife.

It didn't take him long to finish. He couldn't even sneak in a few kisses on her shoulder, since she kept reminding him about how her mother and godmother knew how to perfectly inflict fractures in every single bone in the human body. He bolted out of there in less than ten minutes.

Boruto opened the fridge and snatched out the leftovers from their dinner the previous night. He then transferred it into his bento, and then wrapped it up in a pink cloth. He was about to leave the kitchen, but realized that Sarada wasn't going to have any lunch, since he had already packed it for himself. There was nothing left in the fridge for her to cook to make her own.

Slowly, he unwrapped the pink cloth and replaced it with a red one. He then wrote a note and stuck it on the bento for his wife to take.

It was no big deal. He could always buy something during their lunch hour, anyway.

—-

Their training session had lasted longer than expected. The sun had set a few hours ago, and all he wanted to do was sleep. Thinking back at the earlier events, he was just relieved that Sakura decided to pick on someone else and Tsunade left earlier than expected.

The house was dark, but there was a lampshade on every now and then. He smiled to himself it was rare for Sarada to be home so early. First, he went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. To his surprise, there was a plate of fish and rice for dinner, nearly cling wrapped, waiting to be eaten. He smirked but closed the door to the refrigerator. He wasn't hungry.

Next, he padded over to the bathroom. It was still hot, and a little steam was left. Sarada must have just finished taking a shower a few minutes ago. On the bathroom mirror, it was written:

To my idiot husband, thank you for being so sweet and thoughtful.

Boruto felt his lips tug up in a small smile, before it turned into a full fledged grin. Sarada usually never did such cheesy gestures to show him her love, but he really did appreciate it whenever she did. He quickly took a picture before he stopped off his clothes and took a shower.

—-

When he entered their bedroom, Sarada was already fast asleep. He crawled into bed, and she shifted in her sleep. She didn't open her eyes, but she smiled a bit. "Welcome home," she whispered.

Boruto wrapped his arms around his wife and kissed her forehead. "I'm home," he replied.

Sarada snuggled closer to him and muttered sleepily, "you're so sweet. You know that, right?"

He smirked. "Yeah, and you're so cheesy."

His wife laughed, but hid it with a scowl. "Stop ruining the moment!" She poked his ribs.

Boruto laughed and dug his nose into her dark hair. "I love you."

Usually, he wouldn't get a response from her. Which is why it melted his heart and perfectly wrapped up his day when his wife replied softly, "I love you, too."

___________________________________

( @kairi-chan on tumblr )

Disclaimer : Naruto and Boruto : Naruto Next Generations belong to Masashi Kishimoto, Ukyo Kodachi and Mikio Ikemoto.