Game Night

Boruto pressed the button on his joystick to start a new game. He played games one after the other. His eyes burned and he was exhausted, but he did not want to sleep. It was out of the question for Momoshiki to regain possession of his body. It had been going on for several days and he had to draw on his strength to avoid being overcome by weariness. He rubbed his eyes. He heard someone knock on his window. He stood up and opened the curtain. He opened his eyes wide.

"Sarada !"

He opened the window and let her in.

"What are you doing here ?"

"I came to see how you were doing."

"I'm fine."

He smiled at her, but Sarada saw that it was a forced smile. She looked around her. The bed had not been slept in, despite the late hour, showing that Boruto was not sleeping. The television and console were on.

"Mitsuki told me that you haven't slept for several days."

"I'm fine. I just have a little insomnia, but it's nothing serious."

"Boruto..."

"Sarada. I told you I was fine."

Sarada sighed. She knew it was pointless to insist. It's okay, she thought. When he will be ready to talk, she will be there to listen. In the meantime, she would try to cheer him up. She sat down on the floor, plugged in a joystick to the console, and looked at Boruto.

"How about a game ?" she asked.

Boruto looked at her, surprise.

"You want to play ? But you hate video games."

"I never said I hated it. It's just not my thing. But I like to do a party once in a while."

She picked up the other joystick and handed it to Boruto.

"Unless you're afraid of losing."

He could not help smiling. She knew him inside out and she knew what to say to make him react.

"Okay," he said. "But don't come crying if I beat you hollow."

"In your dreams."

He sat down next to her and picked up the joystick. He knew what she was trying to do and he thanked her for this. They played all night long. It did not matter who won or who lost. Boruto was still exhausted and he still refused to sleep. But with Sarada with him, this situation was a little more bearable. For a moment, he felt the weight on his chest lighten. He glanced at Sarada and smiled. They were together and that was all that mattered.

_________________________________________

(@sofya-fanfics on tumblr)

Disclaimer : Naruto and Boruto : Naruto Next Generations belong to Masashi Kishimoto, Ukyo Kodachi and Mikio Ikemoto.