Distraction

Sarada fiddled with her pen, staring intently at the document in front of her but not even aware of the subject presented on it. Judging from the few lines she has been able to read she thinks that the document is about seeking approval for the mitigation of the mining of coal mines to preserve the resource for coming generations?

Unfortunately, she is not sure and it ticks her. And the reason behind this is...

Yes, you guessed it correctly.

It's none other than Uzumaki Boruto.

And the more infuriating situation was that he was not even doing anything. He just sat in the corner of her office going over some scrolls that he obtained from his latest mission, which, by the way, just ended a day ago. He was not bothering her, in fact not even looking at her way. Occasionally, he would just sip some coffee from the cup beside him. One of the similar looking cup was even occupying her table as well. He brought it for her.

She pouted and wondered what amount of concentration would it take to burn the paper on her desk.

It was not her fault. After all, her fiancé returned from his two month mission just yesterday! And midst her role as the Hokage apprentice and his never ending S-rank missions, they barely got the time to be together. And they had promised each other that after she finishes off her work, they could go out on a date.

But damn, at this rate she would not be able to finish her work even tomorrow.

Deciding that she had enough of this, she slams her palms on the table, startling him.

"Shannaro! Boruto! You need to get out, now!"

"What? Hey! What did I do now?"

She averted her eyes for a second. His blue eyes radiate warmth and affections, so damn expressive and for her, it has always been an attracting feature.

"God, I can't get anything done when you're around."

"Why not?"

"You're so ... distracting."

She takes deep breaths to calm herself. His face morphs into one displaying a smug smirk.

"Am I?"

She swiveled her head to hide her blush. He chuckled but strangely enough picked his things up and moved towards the window. She is surprised, not actually expecting him to leave.

"You're really going?" She called out.

He turned back to look at her, tilting his head, "Didn't you want me to?"

She fumbled with her words in response, "Um, well...I..."

In a flash, he is in front of her, his arm raised to pat her head lovingly. "Come on Sarada, just finish up your stuff and then we can spend the whole night together, Kay?

She nodded in answer but turned scarlet at the soft brush of his lips at her forehead.

And in a blink of the eye, he is gone. And she returned to her work with new vigour, a little thankful for the wanted distraction.

___________________________________

(@darkprincess888 on fanfiction.net)

Disclaimer : Naruto and Boruto : Naruto Next Generations belong to Masashi Kishimoto, Ukyo Kodachi and Mikio Ikemoto.