Only You

There were a group of girls surrounding her fiancée. She should have been used to this by now, came into this decision knowing full well that she would have to deal with Boruto's popularity with everyone—including the opposite sex.

One of the girls looked like she was asking for a photo, and her fiancée was looking terribly embarrassed. The girl latched on to his arm and leaned in close for the photo, the other girls looked like they were teasing them together.

Sarada bit her lip and her grip on the pendant tightened, making her knuckles turn white. Boruto turned back and saw her. He grinned and waved at her, making all of the other girls with him look her way. Half of the girls glared at Sarada, while the other half just stared on blankly.

She lifted her hand to wave back, and his smile obviously brightened. In the blink of an eye, he was already standing on the windowsill of her office, face merely inches away from hers.

"Heya," he greeted, and planted a quick kiss on her nose.

Her cheeks colored and she took a step back, speechless. He grinned and hopped off the sill and let himself into her office, gliding towards her with his arms open, inviting her for a hug.

She recovered and harrumphed. "I don't want a hug from a flirt."

Boruto was winded. "Eeeeh? Where did that come from?"

"I saw you down there!"

"I know..." he replied, hesitantly. "And I saw you. That's why I came up here."

She couldn't believe this. Her fiancee was not that stupid. "You know what I mean," she growled.

He blinked a few times before bursting into laughter. "Are you talking about Hana wanting a picture?"

She scoffed. He even knew her name! She crossed her arms across her chest and looked away as she pouted.

"You're cute when you're jealous."

Sarada refused to budge, and she closed her eyes. She didn't want to see that charming grin, lest she lose her nerve and forgive him right away. He wasn't going to get her this time!

"Hey," he walked closer towards her and took her hand in his. She still refused to open her eyes but allowed him to hold her hand. After a while, she felt her palm press lightly into his chest, and he held it in place. She felt his steady heartbeat under her palm, easing the tension out of her shoulders. "You feel that?"

She cracked an eye open, but her cheeks were still puffed, the pout on her face was threatening to become a permanent resident on her face. "Hn."

He had a tender smile on his face, and his smile only grew wider when he saw her looking his way. "You got my heart in the palm of your hand. It beats only for you, Sarada."

Her heart fluttered and her stomach was suddenly tangled into hopeless knots. He grinned and pulled her closer to him, effectively eradicating the space between them. Boruto kept her hand pressing against his chest, and slowly, she could feel his heart rate increasing with every inch of space that decreased between them. Her eyelashes fluttered to a close as their lips brushed.

Gently, softly, tenderly.

His other hand came around her waist and pulled her closer, her hand coming up to stroke his blond hair.

For years, they had been friends, teammates, lovers. In a few months, they would be husband and wife. Just a few more months and they would belong to each other forever. The sweetness of his kiss and reassurance of his embrace made her realize that truly...

"You're the only one for me," he whispered as their lips parted.

She suddenly became so aware of the weight of the necklace that hung around her neck. To be with Boruto for the rest of her life... she wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

"Stop being so sappy and kiss me again," she whispered back. He smirked, and kissed her lips yet again, granting her wish.

How she looked forward to having his sappy words, warm hugs, tender looks, and soft kisses forever.

___________________________________

( @kairi-chan on tumblr )

Disclaimer : Naruto and Boruto : Naruto Next Generations belong to Masashi Kishimoto, Ukyo Kodachi and Mikio Ikemoto.