Only Friends - PT II

Weeks had gone by since the incident last occurred. Boruto couldn't look at Sarada in the eye, even if he tried. Sarada just ended up avoiding him in general.

"Something strange is going on..." Mitsuki pondered, unaware of his current surroundings.

When it came to his teammates, he travels to the very core of his mind analyzing all aspects, behaviors, and remarks in order to figure them out.

Between the two of them, he should be named their official couple's therapist.

"You sense it too, don't you?" Cho-Cho Akamichi suddenly appeared next to him.

"Where did you come from!?" Mitsuki asked, amused. Just the person to talk to in this kind of situation.

"I saw you staggering down the street, I was worried. You looked drunk." She smirked, a teasing flicker glistening in her eyes.

"I see...Just lost in thought, that's all." He beckoned her to follow him into Thunder Burger.

After taking their orders and seating themselves, Mitsuki went straight to the point.

"Boruto and Sarada. They've distanced themselves from each other."

"Yeah—mhm. Oh my gosh this burger is so good." Cho-Cho's mouth was basically watering. It really seemed like she was in love with food more than she was with boys at times like this.

"Cho-Cho focus! You can eat afterwards. This is serious." Mitsuki rubbed his temples wearily.

"Ok, ok," she took one more bite at her burger, "You are totally right. Like, the other day when Sarada and I were shopping at Ichiban plaza, we spotted the two of you at a dango stand."

"I know I saw." Mitsuki interrupted, "Sorry, continue talking."

Cho-Cho glared at him, taking a bite of her fry in spite. She hated to be interrupted.

"Right. Anywho, I was going to walk over and hi, but Sarada pulled me back looking all panicked."

She took a long sip of cola before she started talking again.

"And? Then what happ—"

"She said she wanted to check out the make-up stand on the other side of the plaza." Suddenly, Cho-Cho slammed her hands on the table, taking Mitsuki aback a little.

"Mitsuki.." her face mysteriously darkened.

"Y-yes?" He smiled nervously.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH SARADA HATES MAKE-UP!!? WHY THE HELL WOULD SHE WANT TO SHOP FOR THAT NOW!? THAT IS NOT THE SARADA I KNOW!" Cho-Cho screeched.

Glaring eyes turning to stare at them. A four-year old started to cry. His mother flounced over to the counter. A Karen, definitely ready to file a complaint to the manager.

"Cho-Cho..." Mitsuki spoke softly, his eyes sincere. He grabbed both her hands, sitting her back down, "I know exactly how you feel. But this is a public restaurant and we need to use our inside voices."

"Don't tell me what to do!" Cho-Cho scowled. She munched on her burger, obviously flustered. Mitsuki just stared amused, unexpectedly he broke into an uncontrollable series of weird pitched laughter.

"S-stop! Ok, back to the conversation you cackling hyena."

Regaining his composure, after a good long sip of his cola, Mitsuki's serious nature returned.

"I would like to think they argued, but arguments happen all the time, and it's usually resolved within 24 hours at max. It's something more serious." He glanced at the counter where the Karen was standing.