(Accidental) Love confession

Sarada caught Boruto who was about to fall for the third time. He burst out laughing and she sighed. They were getting back from Shikadai's party, he had celebrated his twenty-second birthday. Boruto had never hold his drink, but that did not stop him from having a drinking contest with Kawaki. Sarada had been assigned to take him home and make sure nothing happened to him. She knew she was exaggerating, but right now, all she could think about was that keeping an eye on Boruto when he was drunk was way more difficult than any mission she had executed.

Boruto chuckled for no reason. Sarada rolled her eyes, but she could not help smiling. Why did she fall in love with that idiot ? Sarada had realized the feelings she had for him. And if she was really honest, she had always loved him. She had not confessed her feeling and she did not know if she would ever have the courage. She was afraid of what would happen if she confessed to him.

Two solutions were available to her. Either her feelings were mutual or he did not feel the same and she might lose him. He was her best friend and she could not bear to lose him. So she preferred to keep quiet, even if it hurt her.

They arrived in front of Boruto's apartment. She took his keys and opened the door. She led him to his bedroom and as soon as his legs touched the edges of the bed, he collapsed on it. Seeing that he was not moving, Sarada leaned over him and she saw that he had fallen asleep. She sighed once again, but she smiled.

"Idiot," she whispered.

She was about to leave, when Boruto grabbed her hand. She looked at him. His eyes were half open.

"Stay with me." "Boruto." "Please stay with me."

He closed his eyes. He pulled her towards him and put his arms around her.

"I love you Sarada."

She opened her eyes wide and quickly looked up at him. He had fallen asleep, but she had heard him correctly. He loved her. He had told her that he loved her. A huge smile lit up her face and she laid her head on his chest. His heartbeat echoed through her like a sweet music. Boruto tightened his grip around her.

Sarada had never been happier. Boruto loved her and that was all that mattered. Tomorrow, she thought. Tomorrow she would tell him how she felt. She was no longer afraid. She slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep, wrapped in Boruto's warmth.

The end

_______________________

(@sofya-fanfics on tumblr )

Disclaimer : Naruto and Boruto : Naruto Next Generations belong to Masashi Kishimoto, Ukyo Kodachi and Mikio Ikemoto.