You've told your parents?

"You've told your parents?" Boruto shouted.

Sarada winced. She had the impression that everyone at the Thunder Burger was looking at them. She had expected this kind of reaction.

"I had no choice," she said. "Ino saw us and told my mother."

Sarada and Boruto had been a couple for four months. After years of friendship, this new relationship was both wonderful and terrifying. At the beginning they had a lot of questions. Where was this relationship going ? Would they still be friends if they broke up ? They had decided to keep this relationship secret. They did not want anyone interfering or making comments. And even if Boruto had never told Sarada about it, he was afraid of Sasuke's reaction. He was his mentor, he admired him and respected him, but he could be very scary. Especially when it came to Sarada. She was his daughter and he would do anything to protect her. Even if it meant getting rid of her boyfriend. Sarada saw his embarrassment. She gently put her hand over his.

"We knew it was going to happen someday. Don't worry, everything will be fine."

Boruto nodded, not really convinced.

******

Boruto went to the training ground where Sasuke was waiting for him. He swallowed hard, dreading what was about to happen. He looked at his sensei carefully, but it was impossible for him to know what he was thinking.

"There you are at last," Sasuke said. "Let's start."

Boruto thought his time was near.

As usual the training was intense. During all this time, Sasuke had not once mentioned Sarada. At the end of training, Boruto was exhausted. He was trying to catch his breath when Sasuke said :

"I know about you and Sarada."

Boruto froze. It was time. He closed his eyes, hoping that Sasuke would hurry to finish him.

"Although I must admit that at first I didn't like the idea, I know that you will protect Sarada and that you will make her happy. I couldn't have hoped better for my daughter."

Boruto opened his eyes wide. He had never heard Sasuke speak like that. His words had touched him. He had always loved Sarada and he would do anything to make her happy.

"But if I find out you hurt her, I'll kill you. Do I make myself clear ?"

The young Uzumaki nodded. He did not lower his gaze, wanting to show how much Sarada meant to him and that he would rather die than make her suffer. Sasuke left. Boruto felt his legs give out and he fell to the ground. All the tension he felt had just disappeared and he found himself unable to stand up.

After a while, he felt the strength in his legs return. He headed for the park where Sarada was waiting for him. As soon as he saw her, he rushed to her and hugged her. Usually they were careful not to show public displays of affection, but this time he did not care. He needed to have her in his arms.

"How did it go ?" she asked.

"Surprisingly, better than I expected."

Boruto moved away slightly and smirked.

"Do you know what that means ? You're gonna have to talk to my dad."

Sarada blanched. How could she tell the Hokage, who was her role model, about her relationship with his son ?

"What... But..."

"I faced your father, now it's your turn to talk to mine. At least you know he loves you and will welcome you with open arms."

Boruto caught himself from laughing at Sarada's terrified look on her face. He kissed her, telling her that no matter what happened, they would face it together.

The end

________________________

Disclaimer : Naruto and Boruto : Naruto Next Generations belong to Masashi Kishimoto, Ukyo Kodachi and Mikio Ikemoto.

(@  sofya-fanfics on tumblr  )