Chapter 15

"What you going to do with him if I give him to you" Ron asked.

"Force him to show himself, if he really is a rat, it wont hurt him" Ron passed Lupin the rat, who started to squeak uncontrollably. "Ready Sirius?" Sirius held snapes wand in his hand that he'd taken from his unconscious body.

"Together?"

"I think so" Lupin readied his wand and Sirius did the same, "One, Two Three" a flash of light filled the room, and the teenagers closed their eyes instinctively. Suddenly another flash of light happened. Katherine slowly opened her eyes to watch scabbers beginning to transform, and quite quickly a short man stood where scabbers once was.

"I don't believe it" Katherine started heading towards him, she stood beside Lupin and Sirius. When Peter locked his eyes on her they nearly bulged out of his head he knew who she was, he wasn't stupid.

"Well Hello Peter, Long time no see" Lupin looked calm, but he wasn't.

"S-Sirius, R-Remus my friends, my old friends" Peter was terrified, anyone could see that, but Katherine did take note of how he kept glancing at the door. Katherine decided to clear her throat, this seemed to snap everyone out of their trance.

"We've just been having a little chat Peter about the night Lily and James died, you might've missed the finer points while you were squeaking down there on the bed..." Lupin stared down at peter who squeaked and avoided his eyes.

"Remus, you don't believe him do you...he tried to kill me Remus" Peter pretty much squeaked.

"Ill try to kill you if you don't shut up squeaking" Katherine grumbled, he shot her a frightened glare.

"So, we've heard, I'd like to clear up one or two little matters with you Peter, if you'd be so- "

"He's come to try and kill me again! He killed Lily and James and he's going to kill me to, you've got to help me Remus" Peter shrieked so suddenly he startled Katherine, who in tun ended up punching him in the nose. He fell back holding his face whilst everyone starred at Katherine.

"Sorry, he scared me" Black ended up barking out a laugh whilst Lupin rolled his eyes.

"No ones going to kill you until we've sorted things out, and Katherine please refrain from causing him harm until we have".

"Sorry professor."

"Sorted things out, I knew he'd come after me, I knew he'd be back for me! I've been waiting for this for twelve years!"

"You knew he was going to break out of Azkaban? When no one has ever done it before?" Lupin asked.

"He's got dark powers the rest of us could only dream of!" Peter was still holding his face, "How else did he get out? I suppose He Who Must Not Be Named taught him a few tricks!" Sirius began to laugh hysterically at Peter.

"Voldemort, teach me tricks?" Peter flinched at hearing his name. "What scared to hear your masters name? I don't blame you Peter, his lot aren't very happy with you, are they?".

"Don't know, what you, mean Sirius" Peter began to breathe really heavy.

"You haven't been hiding from me for twelve years peter, you've been hiding from Voldemort's supporters. I heard things in Azkaban Peter, they all think your dead, or you'd have to answer to them...I've heard them screaming all sorts of things in their sleep. Sounds like they think the double-crosser double-crossed them. Voldemort went to the Potters on your information ... and Voldemort met his downfall there. And not all Voldemort's supporters ended up in Azkaban, did they? There are still plenty out here, biding their time, pretending they've seen the error of their ways ... If they ever got wind that you were still alive, Peter – ".