Chapter 3 - DH

"Ah so she's finally awake" was the first thing Katherine heard as she cracked her eyes open. It had been a month since the incident, most of which she spent sleeping and reading or playing games with James and Lily, but she became hyper aware that this person stood in the corner of her room was no living person.

"Who are you?" Katherine asked, he voice cracking slightly.

"My name is Regulus. I do believe you well acquainted with my brother Sirius" Regulus drawled out sarcastically.

"Alright. I thought id stopped seeing the dead when I brought James and Lily back" Katherine mumbled to no one in particular.

"You have been exceptionally hard to get through to. I've been trying for weeks now" Regulus commented.

"What do you mean I've been hard to get through to?" Katherine asked, eyeing Regulus curiously.

"Right for a start can you relax, I'm not going to hurt you, and even if I wanted to I cant. Now I have been trying to get through, I push from my end, and you unconsciously pull from this side. However your mind has been a little preoccupied recently" Regulus said, taking a seat at the end of her bed.

"My apologies" Katherine mumbled again, gaining a chuckle from Regulus, "so what is it you want Regulus?".

"I want to be able to speak to Sirius. I know you cant do much right now because your in hiding, but I hope you don't mind I'm going to be sticking around until you do manage to see him again" Regulus stated.

"No worries Reggie. Merlin knows how long that's going to take" Katherine grumbled. Climbing out of bed she went through her morning routine before heading downstairs for coffee.

"Morning Aunt Lily, Uncle Prongs. Just to inform the both of you, I seem to have a visitor of the paranormal variety, so if you see me talking to myself, I'm not." Katherine said as she sat down next to Lily and James who were seated at the dining table.

"Who's come to visit?" James asked curiously.

"Regulus" Katherine said causing James to choke on his drink. Lily laughed patting her husband on the back.

"Regulus? As in my best friends brother?" James choked out.

"Yes, Regulus Black" Katherine stated.

"Merlin, Potter hasn't changed much has he?" Regulus sniped from the side of Katherine.

"In his defence Reggie, he has only been alive again for about a year and a half" Katherine sniped back taking a sip of her coffee.

"Fair enough. How is Sirius?" Regulus asked quietly causing Katherine to take his hand and give it a gentle squeeze.

"He's doing alright as far as I'm aware, I haven't heard off him in a while as no one knows where we are" Katherine replied gently, giving him a soft smile.

"I wish I could help you in this war. None of you should be in this position. I got killed not long before the Potters. I managed to find a horcrux, but I didn't make it out of the cave" Regulus said quietly looking down at the floor.

"We know, Harry found it and as far as I'm aware its been destroyed. You can help, if your sticking around until I see Uncle Siri again then you can watch my back in the inevitable fight" Katherine offered, this brought a small smile to Regulus's face.

"So my sacrifice wasn't for nothing?" He asked curiously.

"No Reggie, it wasn't for nothing" Katherine replied, squeezing his hand once more.

"I'll watch your back during the fight. If you don't get sick of me before then" Regulus said with determination causing Katherine to laugh.

"I'm glad to have an extra person to talk to" Katherine said with a cheeky grin.