Chapter 16

Everyone was gathered in the common room celebrating Harry's victory, Hermione was arguing with Lee about how Harry needed to work out the clue on his own, Fred and George were too over excited and was begging him to open it. Suddenly the room was filled with what others thought was shrieking but Katherine knew it wasn't.

"Shut it!" Yelled Fred with his hands over his ears.

"What was that?" Asked Seamus Finnegan, as Harry slammed the egg shut, "it sounded like a banshee, maybe you've got to get passed one of them next Harry".

"It sounded like someone being tortured" cried Neville, who had gone very pale and spilled sausage rolls everywhere, "you're going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse". This made Katherine laugh so loud that everyone looked at her.

"Neville, that's illegal. It's not a banshee either" Katherine said, this made Harry turn to her.

"Well do you know what it is?" He asked.

"Of course I do, but you cant listen to it in the common room" Katherine laughed again and went back to her book.

"Kat if you know please tell me" Harry said sitting next to her with the egg.

"I do know Harry, but don't you at least want to try and work it out? I'll give you a clue, how does that sound?" Katherine asked and the boy nodded his head eagerly. "Open it under water" she whispered to him.

"Kat he is supposed to figure it out on his own!" Hermione said stiffly.

"He was also supposed to figure the dragon out alone and I helped him with that" Katherine replied indifferently, "I'm the best person to help him Hermione, as I already know what the task is going to be" Katherine finished, her nose stuck back into her book.

"Well what is it?" Harry asked again.

"I cant tell you Harry until you've figured out the clue" Katherine said with a tone of finality in her voice that left no room for discussion. Eventually the trio left her alone and Fred and George dropped down on the sofa either side of her.

"Can you tell us KitKat?" George asked quietly, she sighed looking up at him and Fred and noticed no one else was around.

"They have to go into the black lake, that screaming you heard was Mermish. Typically mermaids cant speak above ground" Katherine whispered to the two of them, even though there was no one around, you never know when someone might be lurking underneath and invisibility cloak.

"Blimey" George whistled lowly.

******

Katherine, George and Fred had just been told about the yule ball, to which George asked Katherine to be his date immediately, since they were dating it was already a given that they were going with each other. However as the three made their way into the common room it was for an entirely different reason, the twins jumped onto the sofa beside Ron and Katherine perched on the arm beside George.

"Can we borrow Pigwidgeon?" George asked.

"No he's off delivering a letter, why?" Ron asked in return.

"Cause George wants to invite him to the ball" Fred shot back sarcastically making Katherine laugh.

"Because we want to send a letter you stupid great prat" George said after Katherines laughing had calmed down.

"Who'd you keep writing to anyway?" Ron asked the twins.

"Keep your nose out Ron or ill burn that off for you too" Fred said whilst waving his wand, "you lot got dates for the ball yet?" Fred asked.

"Nope" Ron said glumly.

"Well, you'd better hurry up mate, or all the good ones will be gone" Fed stated, "we all cant already have our dates can we Georgie, Kat?" Fred asked innocently.