Chapter 5|| Dude girls are awesome

[A/N]: hello everyone and welcome to chapter 5 of the rewrite! this madelyn and this part will be in newts pov bc again aurora is in the med hut and also part of the story happen's without aurora  for little! also if this is late please try to understand that rewriting isn't easy because I have to fix everything and delete the whole chapter and write it from square one, and today I am really tired and yes I do try to make a new part daily but sometimes I can't do that! anyways enjoy the chapter!

I was by briar's bedside while she was asleep the med jacks had her stay in her bed for a couple days and there was also going to be a meeting to decide if thomas was getting punished and if briar  was still going to be a runner or if she was going to be taking up another job for now she has no work until she gets better but I knew she wouldn't like that idea at all, she always overworked herself  so a while ago me and chuck made her a necklace and I wrote a request in the box for a tracker s couple of months ago, I know it seems protective but I have to do what I have to do to protect her even if she doesn't know, the plan was to put the tracker in a charm on a necklace that chuck made with his knife.

[the necklace]:

when she woke up I was going to have this big plan with her like a date I had made a panic in the woods for her and chuck had catched fire flies and trapped them in small used jars so we could see, and gally got some blankets for us and built a sh...

when she woke up I was going to have this big plan with her like a date I had made a panic in the woods for her and chuck had catched fire flies and trapped them in small used jars so we could see, and gally got some blankets for us and built a shelter over our heads. thomas just helped with everything else and helped fry cook some extra dinner for use but that was bad idea on his part because fry kept yelling at the poor greenie I do like her, maybe even love her and I mean everyone said that it was a date when I told them the idea but I almost lost her and I'm still trying to figure it out all I knew was that they were  a bloody pain in the ass. and they would never stop annoying me and briar about this, but she needed a break and seeing her smile would be worth it. 

it got to the time where it was time to go to the keeper's meeting to talk about the greenie and I made the dumb suggestion that thomas would be present during it so he could explain what happened, gally hated that idea and gave me a lot of dirty looks, I didn't really care about that bastard or his opinion and alby was out running the maze so minho could  be here because ever since what happened to briar, in the maze everyone was scared of going in there and I couldn't really blame em' but it was still hard for alby. 

I walked into the council room alot of people were looking at me since I was in charge now which had never really happened, and since I had spent a lot of time with briar in the med hut. I got worried looks,confused looks and even angry looks mainly from gally and his powerpuff girls. I am not excited for this, I cleared my throat and sat in the head chair "this meeting of the keeper's I call to order." I said and rolled my eyes I hated being this goddamn formal. the room was quiet until I started to talk "well today we talk about the resent form of events in the maze about briar and thomas I say we make thomas a runner in briar's place and she goes back to being a greenie" some people clapped other muttered and thomas had a small smile on his face "oh hell no!" gally shouted angrily I took a deep breath, this should be good "then what do you we do suggest gally."  I said with a frown in my face "the greenie needs to be punished for running into that maze, and being the one who got briar's leg bitten and almost killed her!" gally said sternly his eyebrows were even higher then usual. I need more time to think. could thomas really be the reason why briar was in pain? maybe dying? I was puzzled and just looked up at thomas "newt I would never hurt her I helped her get up remember?!" thomas said soundeding scared trying to explain it to me what happened. "no she was trying to protect you and she can't do that  because at the end of the day she isn't strong enough to be a runner or a savior she should be working with fry or better yet cleaning up around her I was angry I was holding back the urge to say something and to put him in his place, but before I could thomas spoke up "actually she's stronger then any of you even minho! you act as thought she's a mid-wife but she's not she is a strong girl and she was the smartest person in that maze she did the work and your not even half of strong as her" thomas said. everyone including me were shocked at thomas's outburst, I turned to minho "well minho?......." I asked and folded my arms at him. he nodded "its true as much as I hate to admit it she is strong and there is something we both know and never told anyone not even alby...." he explained and I got curious "what do you mean what else happened to briar!" I yelled. how much was she keeping from me!? minho gulped and started to talk "well one time when she first was in the maze she killed a griever in mid day and we still see the griever." minho explained my face dropped, another big secret she has been hiding from me!. while I was still in shock I heard the box start to come up I jumped up and ran over and out the hut while gally,minho,thomas,fry followed me.