Chapter 32||the rescue

.·:*¨༺𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖔𝖗𝖆 𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖆𝖗 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖆𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 ༻¨*:·.

as I sat in the back seat with my gun strapped to my hip, my jacket wrapped around my arms. thomas was in the front seat while vince was driving. 

"you alright back there kid?" vince asked as I sat back fidgeting with my necklace. "yeah just ready to find minho and leave this place." I sighed.

"you can say that again." thomas chuckled slightly while we waited for brenda to page us. 

 "𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗆𝖺𝗌! 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗒!" brenda says through the walkie talkie. I quickly snapped out of my trance and picked up my second gun and cocked it. 

"alright let's get going!" vince shouts and starts to drive on to the tracks I quickly got up and stood on the top of the car as thomas and vince got ready to jump. 

"this is crazy thomas!" vince yelled and kicked the car door off. "woah!" vince yelps as he  stumbled on the car. "get us closer!" thomas yells.

thomas grabbed his walkie "alright brenda keep em' busy!" thomas says in the walkie. "got it!" brenda says breathlessly "try not to die." she adds before cutting off. 

thomas helps me out of the car before jumping onto the train in-front of us vince grabbed my waist and lifted me closer to the edge so that I'd have a better time jumping. 

"it's ok vince, I got it." I muttered as I flipped off the car and onto the train. "show off." thomas scoffed as I giggled. 

"alright vince come on!" I shouted as the car beneath him started to go faster on the rails. "come on vince you can do it! just take my hand!" thomas said reaching his hand out as close to vince as he can get. 

vince paused for a second and jumped onto the train his feet dangling on the ground as he groans in pain. 

me and thomas quickly bent down and lifted vince up to the back of the train as the car flipped of the tracks and smashed into pieces. "holy shit!" vince gasped under breath his view focused on the car. 

I heard the walkie talkie glitch before I heard brenda's voice. "thomas,...your on your own. don't die." she sighs before cutting out one last time. 

"easier said then done." I muttered before climbing to the top of the train. "go! go!" vince yells as we run along the train. 

in the distance men start charging towards us with those big wicked guns. 

"briar! give me the bag!" vince shouts as I fumble to grab the bag and hand it to him. "Shit!" he groans as things fall out of the bag thanks to the speed of the train. "get down! get down!" he shouts pressing his hand on my back. 

"vince?" thomas asks as he seems to be spacing out. "We're set!" he yells "cover your ass!" he shouts as he runs down the train. 

"alright in..."

"3....."

"2....."

"1...." as I mutter the word 'one' the rest of the train slides back and away from us.

me and thomas stand up and pull our guns out and start shooting men down.  they all fell to there death. 

I quickly pull out my walkie talkie to give newt the go. "newt! we're ready!" I say into the walkie talkie.  

I look over at newt coming out from the rock and flash him and smile before sliding breaks under the train, as the train stops me and thomas jump down banging on the parts of the trains. 

"minho!"

"aris! sonya!" I yell and bang my hands against the train. for a second it was quiet until we hear yelling and chains rattling coming from the train. 

"alright! it's this one!" thomas yells as newt runs in holding a torch. 

as wicked soldiers ran at us shooting at us, I grabbed a gun and started to shoot them down. as I shot them thomas shakes newt's shoulder's "hey newt how you going!" thomas shouted. 

"don't rush me!" newt shouted back in a cranky tone (lol pun hehehe). "shit!" I screamed as they got closer. 

"briar get your ass up here!" thomas shouts over the incoming gunshots I started to climb the latter of the train and continued to shot them down. 

"newt get up!" I yelled worriedly. "almost there!" he said as he rolled his eyes. 

"newt. now!" I groaned.  he put his torch down and climbed up to me. 

he grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him. "I'll take care of them love." newt said and took the gun from me. 

I nodded and started to look up to look for fry and the others. "where the hell are they?" thomas asked as I stood behind him looking. "shit did they make it?" I asked looking around the sky when finally I hear the helicopter. 

"they're they are!" I yell and bend down to reach of vince who was still on the bottom. "vince! vince! get up here!" thomas shouted as they continued to shoot the soldiers down. 

vince started to climb the latter as the helicopter got closer, as soon as the helicopter reached above us a giant hook was let down from it. 

me, newt and thomas grabbed the hook and hooked it on to some ropes on the side of the train. "here! briar help me out." thomas said pulling me next to him to help pull down on the hook. 

"where going home baby!"

"whoooo!"

"yeahhh!"

"Alright guys we did it." I said as everyone cheered for themselves.

.·:*¨༺𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞༻¨*:·. 

"Aris." I muttered talking slowly while I sat next to him. 

"I'm not a toddler briar." 

"could've fooled me." vera scoffed and shoved him lightly. aris rolled his eyes in response and I sat closer to him. "here." I whispered softly handing him a white cloth to whip his wounds. 

"What did you do?" I asked while looking at him and sonya's bruised up face's. "fought back. your grandmother is a bitch briar." aris scoffed while keeping the cloth on his black eye. 

"trust me your not the only one who thinks that." I chuckled slightly as a grabbed some warm water for him and sonya. 

I heard thomas freaking out from inside the train. "one sec." I muttered and got up to check on what was happening. 

"thomas?newt? everything okay?" I said creaking the door open. "he's not here." thomas mumbled. 

"What?" I asked starting to get the feeling of what happened.

"minho,he's not here." thomas said trying to keep himself together. "but she is." newt said pointing to a little girl. 

"oh my god." I whispered under my breath. "val." I gasped and ran to her and picked her up. "oh my god your alive, we found you." I said as I looked at my 7 year old little sister.

"rosie?" she asked as we buried her head in my shoulders. "it's me val its me." I whispered as I held her in my arms. 

newt and thomas cleared their throat "vince want us to met him outside to talk to survivors." thomas said and left the train. 

val shook her head opposed to the idea of me leaving her. "don't worry I'll be right here." I said as she sighed and let my arm go as we left the train.