Chapter 33||The speech

"Alright everyone listen up." vince said while keeping his hand on my back. I watched as people in the crowd turned their attention to him. "I know you all have been through hell."

"and...I wish I could say all our troubles we're over...but we aren't past this yet."

"this is the calm before the storm. these last years of the scorch  to you was child's play compared to wicked."

"and they are still out there, they're not giving up and they never will."

"but guess what nether will I, neither will all of you." 

"we are now a team against wicked. against what they stand for." vince said then nodded his head to me to start speaking.

"wicked....will never stop trying to kill you,burn you and drain you of your blood." 

"because you have something they want. and you didn't even know it. they want your blood. to cure themselves, some of you may know that I am ava paige's granddaughter. but trust whne I say in every way I wish I wasn't." my voice started to quicken as vince stepped up and started to talk.

"so to ease your mind briar will sing you a song"

[A\N]: I know this is kinda annoying but bear with me!

Oh If I listen to my heart,
Will it lead me through the dark like a compass?

And if I listen to my heart,
Will it bring a little spark to this cold blood?

But I won't stop, no I won't stop, no no.I will find my place,
Yeah I will fight my way,
Through the maze,
Through the maze,

Through the maze.

as I finished the song I felt a sigh of relief in my voice when everyone started to clap and cheer. I started to talk again.

"like the song said we found our way through the maze and we will find our way through everything."

"I also wish we could go back in time and save some of the people we have lost to the scorch, to the wicked, to the flare, and the maze, witch is something almost all of you including me has been through. and we survived. and we will continue surviving until we finally get to live." I finished my 'speech' and walked of the big truck where vince was standing on. 

"nice pep talk rory." newt chuckled and walked behind me to start helping kids into the cabin. "what do you want newt?" I asked as I grabbed blankets from a garage. 

"to talk." 

"we already are talking." I scoffed and continued walking away from him. "I mean about what happened that nig-" 

"why? it doesn't matter." 

"yes it does! and you know it does rory!" he shouted while he followed behind my angry steps. "no it doesn't!" I yelled back and walked faster ahead of him. "so are you saying  what happened between us didn't been anything?" he asked sounding a little hurt. "I didn't say that newt its just not important." I scoffed walking faster away from him. 

"it is to me!" he shouted. 

"newt! forget what happened that night because of what we did minho is kidnapped by wicked and probably being drained for his blood at this very second!" 

"that wasn't our fault! we had no way of knowing he would get taken!" 

"yes it was. if we hadn't done that we could've waken up and saved everyone in time! don't you see newt if I woke up when I should've my aunt would still be alive, minho would still be here and all those kids would be okay." I snapped and newt had a mixture of hurt and worry on his face.

"we can't control what happened." newt mumbled under his breath. "just leave me alone newt." I said and walked off again. but this time he didn't follow me. 

.·:*¨༺ 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖇𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖆 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖔𝖗𝖆 ༻¨*:·.

"oh hey briar. got some blankets?" brenda said waiting for me in the cabin that was for all the kids we saved. 

"yeah let's set up the beds." I said while sighing. "you ok?" brenda asked while lighting a candle in the cabin.

"yeah, I'm fine." I whispered under my breath as I pull mattress out on the bed. "you don't seem fine. is it newt?" she asks like she was reading my mind. I shook my head as I grabbed a pillow to set the bed up. "its nothing brenda." I mutter while walking to set up the next bed. 

"briar just tell me." she said while she get up lights and other stuff in the cabin. "nothing really big newt and I just got in a another fight about what happened the night of the attack." I said trying to brush it off.

"briar, you guys had a thing before this. it won't hurt to talk." she spoke softly as she hung cute things on the wall for the kids. "I just don't want to." 

"Why?" 

"because ever since that night I've been feeling...."

"what?" 

"A little sick."

"like how?" 

"just sick." 

"wait you think you might be..?"

"it's a small possibility a very small one."

"briar! you need to get tested!"

"fine if it'll get you to shut up." I snarled as I went to the doctor's cabin. 

.·:*¨༺ 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖈𝖆𝖇𝖎𝖓 ༻¨*:·.

I laid on the bed in the cabin that was supposed to be the cabin that my aunt was supposed to run. 

now its run by this random man named eli who has around three kids and is fighting on the wrong side for what it's worth. 

he should be a soldier not a goddamn doctor is he really they guy I want checking if I'm pregnant like if my life is over or if its not? 

worst part is I don't have a choice really. 

"aurora agnes?" I heard a man's voice say. "your here for the pr-" before he could finish I slammed my hands on his mouth. 

"don't be so damn loud!" I muttered as he seemed startled. "I'm....sorry?" he says and lays me on a bed while grabbing a test. 

"don't be." I mutter and wrap my arms around my shoulders as he works on getting the test ready. 

"it's ok to nervous mrs agnes." he says trying to at least seem supportive, all I did was nod in response. 

  .·:*¨༺ 𝖆𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖆𝖚𝖗𝖔𝖗𝖆 𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖎𝖓 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖗𝖔𝖔𝖒 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖚𝖑𝖙𝖘 ༻¨*:·.

I sat in my cabin and waited anxiously for the results of the test to come out and they would be negative and me and newt would never have to really talk ever again.

and we would be able to save minho and everything would be fine. right?

.·:*¨༺ 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖚𝖙𝖊𝖘 𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗༻¨*:·.

nevermind. I look down at the test that says positive

witch means yes,

correct,

yeah,

right, 

true,

meaning I am pregnant with newt's baby.