Chapter 39||fire (short sorry)

.·:*¨༺𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝖉𝖆𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖉 𝖜𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖘༻¨*:·.

as we walked throw crowds of people we heard a big horn blow threw the whole area. "what the hell is happening." I said with a heavy breath.

"I don't not but stay close." jorge said as we walked through the village. we all nodded when suddleny we feel a wave of people rush through us, we quickly try to hold onto each other.

"wicked is going to pay for what the did!"

"stop keeping the cure for yourself!"

"child murders!"

"bloodthirsty monsters!"

"you can't hide behind those walls forever!" people yell holding up signs and leading towards the end of the walls.

wicked stays quiet for a while until explosions going off everywhere, "run! let's go!" I yell as we all start to run back I quickly grab val and carry her on my shoulders, she looks at mer terrifed and grips my shirt and my hands.

"I got you sis." I whisper as we run away.

"go go!" newt says catching up to me "I'll take val briar go!" as we run I look around to spott ryan staying back to push some kids out of the way of fire.

"ryan! lets go!" I yell and before he can even look into my eyes he blows up in my face and me and constance run back.

this moment freezes in time as I watch the fire burn him and other alive.

"RYAN!" she yells out as she sees her brother disappear in the cloud of smoke. jorge holds constance back as she tries to run to find him as if he was alive.

"why is he so stupid!" she yells in pain and crying as the smoke disappears and clears into the air. she runs to find whatever is left of him while I chase her. "wait mo it's not safe! connie!" I scream and hold her down while she cries I look at her and comfort her. "constance he had the flare he was getting worse he wanted this......" jorge says as my eyes dim and I let her go and push jorge in a alleyway.

"What is wrong with you!? he was like a son to you!" I yelled as vera took my place in comforting constance.

jorge didn't even flinch "you knew he was dying and you didn't think to tell me so I could help!?" I say as I slam his head into the wall he doesn't show any signs of pain just regret. "why would you!? a simple sample of my blood and he'd be alive." I yell in his face and he shakes his head.

"then we would be like wicked." jorge muttered and my arms went numb.

"no- no it's different it's only a couple times...."

"I....."

"I promised him!" jorge yelled his spit getting in my face. "well guess what!? he's like your son he loved you and you let him die!" I screamed as my words faded into tears. suddenly I fell arms wrap around and grab me I look around and see these armed soldiers round up my friends. I look around as all my friends struggle to get free.

"let go!"

"fuck you!"

"get the fuck off us."

I slam my foot on one of their toes and kick them in the stomach I quickly pull my gun out and start pointing around me.

"let them go." I snarl and look up to see one of them carrying a cross bow before I can do anything scream,yell,cry,or shoot him I get shot in the shoulder.

"briar!" I hear newt call out before everything goes black.

when I wake up again I wake up and see cami holding me in her arms. "Cami?" I ask softly. "your ok briar." she sighs and sits down next me.

"I don't understand you were taken by wicked." I say gasping for air.

"I broke out. I'm fine these people are good." she says and brenda and vera just watch in utter confusion.

the vans reach to a hult and they push us out I can hear newt screaming for me. "rory! where is she! tell me where she is or I'll-" I quickly get between him and the soldier.