Chapter 9|| Escape

[A/N]: hello everyone! madelyn here again! so I hope you've been enjoying the rewrite of my love! I know I have enjoyed writing it so far! also thank you so much for all the support on tiktok I really appreciate it! and I hope you enjoy this story, but before we start I am going to try to post two chapters a day! but if I can't please try to understand! and if you are trying to read one of my other fanfics I just wanted to get this one out if the way! so I do multiple fanfics at a time witch is hard its only because it takes me a long time to write and I don't like to wait to write things down so I really am sorry but after this the benny watts fanfic and the bellamy fanfic will be next most of these stories and ending is already made up but some aren't and those are the ones that will take me a while. so please enjoy this story and vote and comment on this and edits of the fanfic it really makes me happy and helps me boost my mood to write and it supports my fanfics! thank you and I love you all

-xoxo madi)

while thomas was unconscious in the pit teresa was holding him in her lap I looked at her with a smirk "ohhhhh thomas baby wake up please" I teased her and she rolled her eyes and blushed "shut up briar." she muttered and laid back against the pit while minho and newt were chuckling "oh tommy that feels so good don't stop" I teased her again and she sat back up from against the wall and groaned "your so annoying." she mumbled "yeah well thats what I do!" I said and shrugged my shoulders. 

when thomas finally woke up he looked up at teresa and at me newt and minho "w-what happened" he whispered as he woke up, before newt or minho or even teresa could say anytjing nice me and chuck interrupted them.

"you were being a dumbass"

"what the hell were you thinking!?"

we both said and gave thomas a stern look. teresa shook her head at us "don't mind them,are you ok thomas?" she asked and he nodded "yeah I'm fine what happened while I was out."

"the big bang"

"minho got a girlfriend"

"someone likes gally."

"the all mighty god himself came down."

"a band was playing"

"everyone died and were ghosts"

"I have magical powers"

"I'm a superhero." me and chuck just went back and forth with sarcasm while thomas just looked confused and teresa's eyes were rolling and newt and minho were holding back laughter. 

"alright I get I was an idiot now can you start talking about what happened." thomas said and before me and chuck could make another joke newt spoke up "thank you love for the laughter but we need to be serious now." he said and I rolled my eyes and leaned up against the pit. 

"gally's taken control, he's banning you and teresa and if anyone stands with you well, they'll be banished to." newt explained thomas looked up with guilt "but he's right I am one of them, and I did this to you." thomas explained we all took a couple seconds to think and I spoke up.

"It doesn't matter thomas, any of it you clearly changed." I said newt nodded "thomas the people we were before the maze they aren't here in fact they don't even exist anymore the bloody creators made sure of that, but what does matter is what we do now, and what we do now is escape the maze, take as many boys with us and survive because if we don't and we stay here and wait to die then alby died for nothing and I can't have that." thomas looked a newt we all did. I had never seen him so determined about something. finally the message got through thomas's head and he nodded "alright so what's the plan?" thomas askes.

after newt and minho explain the plan we all went to the "banishment" and stood there on the sidelines just waiting and watching. and right on que two gladers bring out thomas and teresa with there hands behind there back thomas was pretending to be unconscious, I looked around at fry,newt,minho,chuck and we all nodded. but for the first time I felt scared about what was about to happen to them and me my brain was filled with what ifs.

"what if we can't get them free?" 

"what if gally kills them before we can even try?"

"what if we get banished to?"

"what if gally hurts them?"

"what if we don't make it out there?"

"what if newt doesn't make it?"

"what if chuck doesn't make it?" 

"what if thomas doesn't make it?"

"what if fry doesn't make it?"

"what if minho or teresa don't make it?"

"what if I die?"

"what of no one lives?"

"what if there's no help outside of the glade?"

"what of we stay in danger?"

"what if we never get free?"

"what if something happens to the other gladers?"

"what if no one else wants to come with us?" newt lifted my chin up and looked me in the eye "it's alright love, everything will be fine." he said and kissed my forehead as teresa and thomas were tied to two stakes in the ground. not- according to the plan I speak up "gally,this isn't right banishing them in the maze won't solve anything." I said some people nodded in agreement but gally's face was fuming "that's why this isn't a banishing its a offering." gally said. "a what?!" I yelled "once the grievers get what they are looking for-" before he can even finish teresa and I start yelling over each other "briar.....things can go back to the way it was....." he said and I shook my head "are you guys listening to this he's crazy!" teresa shouts "would you shut up!?" gally grunts and points to the steak to tie thomas up on "tie em' up" gally orders and two strong gladers lift thomas up and thomas elbows one of them in the stomach and hits the other one with a stick and I grab a knife and cut the rope of teresa's arm and she and I run behind thomas and newt and chuck runs with the stuff.  

thomas kept a spear pointed at gally and me and minho kept a knife pointed at him. "your just full of surprises aren't you" gally snarks. thomas rolls his eyes and sighs  "gally you don't have to come with us but we are leaving." I  nod "we are going to die here and it will be long and painful." I added. "don't listen to them their just trying to scare you." gally tells the other gladers. "I'm not trying to scare you ok? you already are scared alright I'm scared we all are.  but I'd rather die out there trying then die her doing nothing." I said. winstone and jeff stepped up and stood by us. 

"last chance gally. come with us." thomas says.

gally shakes his head and turns away from us slightly "good luck against the grievers." he said and he turns around and the rest of the gladers follow. we turn around with disappointment on our faces and we run into the maze.