Chapter 15|| What?

[A/N]: hey this is maddie! I am so sorry that chapter 14 took so long but I'm just not used to writing in third person and I am so sorry that it took me long to figure out but again I try to do better at posting 1/2 chapters a day but it takes long when I have like no ideas. lol. (uts not funny if you laugh. ur like vera's ocs.) so this will be in thomas's pov and briar's pov! so like always I'll give you a notice if povs change, and as always enjoy. the. damn. book. 

after a long awkward moment with aris. "what the hell do you mean she died?!" I asked and crossed my arms. 

"I mean she died thomas from spending a night in the maze." he says and rolls his eyes.

"none of this is real.......I have to be dreaming." I say and reach down to pinch my arm. "ow! nevermind I'm awake." I say and rub my arm in pain.

"that was kind of stupid." aris said and rolled his eyes again. "no I understand why briar was bullying you."aris said with a annoyed hurtful tone. "hey! this is not normal! all of you are so mean." I whine and pull my arm away from him like he was going to hurt me. "well don't expect me to be in a good mood after spending  5 years in the maze and only getting out thanks to people I don't trust." he says with a large base of sarcasm in his voice. 

"well forgive me for having a hard time with this but can you just tell me what's happening?!" I say and cross my arms. 

"fine, let me break this down for your pea brain thomas." he starts. "rude." I mutter under my breath. he shakes off the insult and continues talking "So me and briar came in the maze first, we were the first to people to get in the maze. then came vera and sonya and then like you one person a month, after a two years in the maze briar and vera found something in the maze and they thought it was a clue so they tried spending a night in the maze to figure it out, but then only vera came back from that night and said briar was taken by a griever, and we never heard or saw her again until now when she was sitting back across from us with you and everyone else. they have to be the same person. thats not just irony thats the girl that we thought died but clearly she didn't and even worse she got put in another maze." he explains and leaves me some time to take in this information. 

how did I take it in?

I jumped up  I crawled back  in the vents like a spider just to get back to the bunks. I probably tripped five times but I had to talk to briar! I had to! I to see her and ask her about this! and I had so many things to tell her and so many questions to ask her. like 

was she really killed before?

how did she survive a night in the maze before?

is that why she was so good at fighting?

had she really been in the maze since she was 11? 

did she know vera?

and most important was she ok. I finally reached the end of the vents and climbed out of the vents, most of the boys were still asleep well all of them were but I had to ask her! had to talk to her no matter what! I climbed from under my bed and climbed up the latter to newts and briar's bed, when I got to the top......

briar wasn't there.  

it was just newt having his arm out carrying a empty part of the bed I gasped and started to shake newt awake. 

"newt!"

"newt!

"newt its briar!"

"newt wake the hell up!" 

"wake up!" 

"newt wake up!"

"newt where the hell is briar!" I yelled as I shook him up. he jumped a wake and groaned "What do you mean tommy she's right-" he said and realized briar wasn't right next him, panic rose in his eyes and he started frantically searching for briar. 

"where the hell is she?" he shouted and looked around the room for briar. 

"where is she?!" he shouted again and looked around and jumped down from the bed. 

"GUYS WAKE UP BRIAR IS MISSING!!!" newt yelled and everyone jumped awake. 

"newt what do you mean?"

"you can't just wake us up!"

"newt I'm sure she's fine."

"She's probably just in the bathroom." 

"no I can't find her!" 

"newt she's not a ladybug."  frypan whines and rubs his eyes as he slowly crawls out of bed to calm newt down. 

"no! she would tell me!" he said and shooked fry's arm off him. "I'm pretty sure briar is the last person to ask for permission to take a piss." minho said in his normal sassy tone. newt and I rolled our eyes "why are you looking for her thomas anyways?" minho asked and stretched his arms out. 

"well.....uhhhh...." I stuttered newt turned to me. "yeah thomas I mean you woke me up saying she wasn't there." he said with a suspicious tone. everyone went quiet for a little while, newt walked up to me. "thomas why were you looking for briar." he asked and raised his eyebrows.

"alright well...." I started speaking under my breath. "go on." newt says with his arms crossed 

"so uhm you know that weird guy who was looking at briar well uhm he kinda sorta popped up in my vent and tried to take me there well he didn't try I went with him butttt he told me why he was looking at her like that and it was because she looked like somegirl who has the same name that she did and she died back in his maze and came back to ask briar about it but then I couldn't find her." I say quickly and they just blink their eyes at me. 

"what?!" all of them say at the same time.