Chapter 23||I am the dusk washing over you

red fish,

blue fish,

smart fish,

dumb fish,

broken fish. 

red blood,

blue serum, 

smart children

dumb adults.

broken world. that was the pattern that I reaped in my head to stay sane, and to keep my memories.  

two seconds, 

two minutes,

two hours,

one day,

two days  that's how much time I have to save the world and myself. 

ava had this thing were she would come in my room try to anger me then I would make her  angier. 

but not today, today ava,janson and more came over and picked me up and tied me up against a chair. "your being recocord so start talking." janson yelled.

"my name is aurora agnes I am 16 years old I was born in a yellow field of flowers and a bright blue lake, I was three when the sun burned the world and when the flare came out I was four not long after someone found out that my blood could heal anything meaning the flare as well ands so could my brother, landon he died when we turned 9, my dad held me back so I didn't have to watch my brother being knocked out, tortured I could hear his screams and his cries. when it stopped my father put me down and started to chase my brother and tried to save him, but janson stabbed my father. then  I was in the maze for five years since I was 11,  and only two months ago did I survive and escaped the maze with the help of a runner and my friends, wicked rescued us from their own maze. we escaped and we found a group of people who kidnapped us and offered me up to wicked in trade for my friends being freed." when I finished I felt a sharp thing hit my head. 

for a while my vision was blurry I could only make out a white man, he had blonde hair but it was turning grey, he had green eyes, and before I could make out anything else, everything went black. 

when I woke up that same man was standing over me. I quickly sat up and grabbed a knife and put it to his throat. "who are you?" I asked shakily.  he put his hands up as I held my knife to his throat "woah slow down kid."  I heard a voice say,the same voice that I heard before I went out.  before he could say anything else I pushed the knife harder on his throat, heat running through my body and anger pulsing through my veins. "who are you" I screamed. "shhhh be quiet I'm here to help." he said. "talk now." I ordered with a frown. "I'm your great uncle adam, ava and mary are my sisters." he said with a scared tone. I raised my eyebrows "mary?" I asked lowering my knife. "she's alive aurora." Adam said. "What?!" I yelled. "mary is alive and married to vince your uncle the leader of the right arm." he explained. 

"their son, chuck he was put in your maze." adam said his voice wasn't that heavy but his words were and most of all he wasn't lying.

"chuck......" I said under my breath my voice breaking and I took my carving out he made for me. "chuck? chuck was my cousin...."  I my voice washed  into my tears. 

"shhhhhh its ok rory calm down." he said brushing his hands through my hair. "I'm here to help you and so is he." adam said pointing to a boy sitting in the chair with a cold face. 

"whats his name?" I asked

"casey."

"thats a girls name." I snickered. adam chuckled a little to and handed me a hair tie "here put your hair up." he said with a smile. 

"alright so whats the plan?" I asked. "what do you mean?" adam responded. "I mean whats the plan for getting out of here? and getting the kids out to." I said with my arms folded. 

"well uhm the plan was to follow your plan" 

"oh god your an idiot." I rolled my eyes and got up. "well come on I have one day before they draw all of my blood." I said and they both got up and we started walking.

"wait you have a plan?!" casey asked. "yeah." I responded. "well what is it." adam asked. 

"adam find a helicopter a big one. and I will break into the cell holding the kids with casey then you'll met us behind the building with the kids and make sure you steal some food to." I said and adam nodded and walked of and me and casey walked in to a hallway. 

"so is the door with the heart on it." casey explained. "so you go in and I'll wait for you. and don't draw attention." he added

I walked around and spotted a fire alarm "Don't draw attention. got it." I said with a sigh befe pulling the fire alarm. 

"WHAT THE HELL!?" casey said as he started to freak out. "what?" I asked as wicked guards started to run into the hallway. 

"look at what you did!" he yelled "cover your mouth!" I yelled back. "WHAT?" he shouted. "cover your mouth " I said  and dropped a sleeping smoke and pulled my shirt up and held my breath. as wicked guards fell to the floor and of course, casey went with them. "idiot.." I muttered under my breath as the smoke cleared. 

I jumped down from the wall and kicked down the cell door where a bunch of kids eyes were on me. 

"ah shit." I groaned. as the all stared blankly at me. "who are you." a boy asked

"elmo" I responded with a smirk. "now let's go." I said and they followed me out.

.·:*¨༺ 𝔪𝔢𝔞𝔫𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔰. ༻¨*:·. 

newt,jorge,vera,brenda,minho,thomas,ryan,constance and the others were walking around to find marcus thomas and brenda split up and ryan and constance did to. 

thomas and brenda walked into a building where they were in the middle of a very loud party "what the hell?" thomas muttered as a man walked up to him followed by a blonde girl. 

"ahhhh you must be here for the party!" the man said. "no we're not." thomas said strunly. "ahw no fun" 

"yeah whatever, we are looking for marcus." he said with his eyes rolled and brenda stood next to him, her eyes wandering around the place. 

"AH! marcus is just inside the party!" the man said and patted thomas on the back. thomas nodded and walked forward with a cold expression. 

"ah ah ah!" the man said blocking his way. "what." thomas said with another eye roll "you need a membership." he said with a smirk. 

"oh and how do I get that?" thomas asked ready to be done. the girl behind the man handed him a bottle of green juice. before thomas could press the bottle to his lips, voices came closer to him. "wait no thomas don't he is marcus!" he heard vera call out.