12 ⭐ Dropping Anchor, Chan POV

*thinking*
I'm hugging her. I'm finally hugging her! God, it feels so good to be here right now!

As he took her face in his hands to wipe her tears, it took everything he had not to kiss her. He was happy to have her in his arms, though. That alone was wonderful.

*thinking* No need to be desperate, Chris, patience!

Once the sappy welcome was finished, he sat at the table to watch as she fixed him a plate.

*thinking* Omg! She's real! She's heating up my portion!? I can't believe I'm about to finally eat her cooking! Look at her! She's even more breathtaking in person!

He couldn't help but to imagine her as his wife in that moment, and he smiled like a fool in love.

Once he was done eating what could possible be the best food he'd ever eaten, he thought he'd give her a little glimpse of Chris as a husband, and took his dishes to the sink, and washed them.

Then he turned around and leaned his back against the kitchen counter, and just looked at Ani, trying to hide hearts in his eyes, and the desire to just grab and kiss her.

She questioned him about the risk he'd taken to get there, but how could he not? He had no idea if she was okay. He had to "drop anchor" and make his presence known. He didn't care about haters. He knew Stay would always have his back!

Although he was falling in love with her, there was really nothing going on between them. She had no feelings for him, and even if that changed, which he wished it did, he'd protect her. He had it all planned out.

*thinking*

Now, how to tell her I have nowhere to sleep tonight?