17 Succor Finalized

Just as Ani was washing up, Chris got a text message reading "10-4". Chris smiled, then focused on her. 

{Flashback}

As soon as Ani gave Chris her ex's full name and the jail he was in, he got to work.

He already suspected that Anichi's absence had something to do with her ex. When he called her work, the lady who answered, asked who he was, and why he wanted information, with a very aggressive and protective tone. 

He had contacted Don, the head of his U.S. security team, who Stay did NOT know, and who picked him up at the airport.

On the car ride, he explained the situation to Don, and once he got the information from Ani, he relayed it to him, who said it would be dealt with promptly.

Actually, when Ani texted Chris, he had already gotten a report from Don that they had eyes on her, and that she was safe. Her apartment had already been under surveillance for a week; Chris just didn't know what state of mind she was in, nor the particulars of what had happened. 

Don didn't know the details of how they'd taken care of Angel (plausible deniability and all) and no one expected him to perish, but it made sense due to that fool's temper!

He was an asshole, and all he needed was a little push for him to dig his own grave, and so he did. 

{present time}

Chan responded to the message with a "Thank you, bro!"

Don replied with "any time, brother! You good? We got eyes on y'all. Grocery shopping? 

C: Hehe, yeah… this mini sense of normalcy feels good. 

D: You look happy. 

C: What can I say? She makes me happy. 

D: She still has no clue? 

C: None, brother!! Hehe. She's gone through a lot. I don't think she's even in the neighborhood to considering another relationship. It's fine. I am patient, and will wait. 

D: You're a good man, sir. See you in NY! 

C: Alright, man! Later!