20 ⭐ Adagio

****

****

The show in NY went without a hitch. Stray Kids owned the stage, as usual. They did a live broadcast after the show, and Chan seemed distracted. He was on his phone the whole time… 

What is wrong with this fool? Ani thought, so she texted him. 

<Message from Ani>
Motherfucker, you're only looking at the phone. Wake up!! Stay are worried. The comments are going wild. 

He looked up and smiled, waving at Stay and pretending he was listening to the kids. 

<Message from Channie>
I can't help it. I miss you! 

<Message from Ani>
I miss you, too, but you're LIVE! 
*sigh* Pretend you're talking to me. 

<Message from Channie>
Ok

That actually worked. He focused on the rest of the live, so he saved face. 

When the live was over, he called her.

"I'm going to see you.
I have a 4 hr layover in DFW."

Dude, are you crazy!?
What if you miss your flight?"

I won't. I do this all the
time when I want to
eat something good. 
I have transportation
already secured. 

And he did. He showed up at her door, like he promised. He came in, and they hugged for an eternity. 

They spent the next two hours sitting side by side, watching TV, saying nothing, with her head on his shoulder, holding hands. 

A message came to his phone from the airline. His flight would be delayed until the next day.  

They go through the motions, getting ready for bed… going to sleep. Not a word from the two. 

Again, to the airport… again, they said nothing. 

**
The show in L.A. is yet another success, and now it's time for Stray Kids to return to Korea. 

Except…

Chan once again shows up at her door.