Chapter 17

Evangeline

Mila chirped in my ear as we walked into the garden.
We'd gotten a lot closer over the past week since Christian had been bringing her along with him.
It was nice having company through out the day while Nathan worked.
He'd kept his promise though, he hadn't left me. Of course we weren't glued to each other in the house but any time he'd need to leave he'd come and get me and i'd go with him.
It seemed to be reassuring to both of us not just me and quite frankly I was beginning to enjoy spending time with him.
Turns out he wasn't all that bad.

I could see him standing in the window on yet another phone call. He seemed to never catch a break from them.
I gave him a small wave and I got one in return.
He gave me feelings that I couldn't quite decipher yet.
Our relationship has been so rocky up until now, I suppose i'm just waiting for a slip up again.

"y'know we need to talk about this" Mila's voice brings me out of my daze.
It took me a moment to realise what she was going on about.

"no we don't" I reply sharply

"yes we do" she pulled my sunglasses up so I was now looking at her directly.

"no, the less I know the better" I pulled them back down, "he told me not to tell anyone and I already broke that by telling you"

She looked at me confused, "hunny I already knew I was pregnant"

"that's not the point, I still told him I wouldn't tell anyone" I groan, lying down on the grass

"I don't think Chris will be too bothered that I know" she laughed

"when's he finally going to tell them?" I glance over at her as she lies down beside me.

"soon" she replied, "it needs to be because I can't keep holding my breath around them all"

"I doubt they'd notice if you didn't" I shrug, "they're boys"

"i'm nearly 15 weeks, they'll catch on soon enough"

I looked over at her, I could see her bump now it had been pointed out to me but I think she was safe for another few weeks anyways.

"you give them too much credit"

"or maybe you give them too little" she smirked

"what is that suppose to mean?" I hit her with a book

"you know exactly what I mean" she giggled, throwing her hands up in defence.
"make a fucking move on him already"

"it's not like that between us" I turn my head to face him in the window, "it's too complicated"

"excuses" she tutted, "you're both whipped, even Chris agrees"

"i'm going to pretend I didn't hear that" I glare

"there's money on it y'know, Jaxon started a bet"

My hands rushed to my cheeks as I felt them flush up, "don't tell me that" I squirm at the thought.

"it's quite a lot of money" she continued, "it's been going on for months now"

"whose in on it" I sat up

"all of them" she replied

"all of them?" I repeat in slight shock, "including Alexander?"

"mhm" she nodded

"wow" I look away in disbelief, "you're all twisted fuckers"

"i've been called worse" she shrugged, "but seriously Eva, what is holding you two back?"