Year 6 Pt 3

*TW-blood and stuff like that*

The weeks raced by, and in the blink of an eye, October had arrived. Today, a Thursday, marked the highly anticipated debut of our Quidditch season. A solid month of unwavering dedication and tireless effort from our team fueled the anticipation, and I harbored a sense of optimism that we were poised for a triumphant season. The challenge was significant as we kicked off against Slytherin, a formidable opponent.

Thankfully, my class schedule aligned to grant me a reprieve on this crucial day. Beginning with Transfiguration, followed by Charms, a liberating free period, and concluding with Defense Against the Dark Arts, it seemed the stars had aligned to ease me into the excitement of the Quidditch game later in the day.

My morning flew by fast and before I knew it, it was the last class of the day. After the incident Professor Snape acted like nothing happened, but I know something did because ever since Henry has been glaring at me non stop.

Since Defence against the dark arts is a class required up till 5th year, I was in an advanced class that a select few were accepted.

Today was a lecture day so most of it was him talking and us taking notes. It was hard to concentrate but something about his voice kept me engaged, it always did.

Class was about to be over when he started to tell us our homework.

"Each of you will write me a 7 page essay on a defensive spell that I assign to you, I want it on my desk no later then 10 am tomorrow " He says in his boring tone.

Are you joking? Does he not realize that we have a quidditch game today? I thought to myself and rolled my eyes.

"Miss Donnelly, you have the privilege of writing me a 10 page essay about Revulsion Jinx spell" he smirked at me.

"But sir I have a quidditch game tonight!" It was almost like he read my thoughts.

"Yes I am fully aware, which is why you better start now because it is no excuse Miss Donnelly."

He then started to give everyone their spell while I sat there in disbelief. He has never treated me this way before. We always gave one another respect in Potions class, I'm not sure what changed.

I left as soon as class was over, I had to get to the pitch as soon as possible to mentally and physically prepare myself for the game.

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

Slipping into my Gryffindor uniform, I reveled in the vibrant hues of our new jerseys—splashes of red and gold that bore the spirit of our house. The distant rumble of thunder echoed through the castle, casting a shadow over the excitement of our first Quidditch game. Disappointed by the unexpected rain, I finished styling my hair, opting for a low ponytail intricately adorned with rubber bands, forming a captivating bubble braid. Determined to face the weather with Gryffindor courage, I stepped out into the brisk air and made my way toward the Quidditch pitch.

As the distant rumble of thunder played an ominous tune, I took solace in the familiar weight of my broomstick.

Mounting my broom, I felt the cool wood beneath my hands, a connection to the thrilling sky-bound adventure that awaited. The broom responded to my touch with a reassuring familiarity as I kicked off the ground, ascending into the misty air above. The first droplets of rain began to fall, creating a magical dance around us.

As we did laps around the pitch, the rhythmic beating of wings and the whoosh of air against the broomstick created a symphony of anticipation. The rain intensified, turning the laps into a thrilling dance with the elements. We weaved through the invisible currents, each maneuver a testament to our unwavering teamwork and skill.