Post War Pt 4

As the clock struck 5:59, I scrutinized myself in the mirror, reassured to find no visible bruising or cuts, aside from a small scar on my cheek. I also checked and fixed my hair, which dried into nice beach waves. Satisfied with my appearance, I left the bathroom just as Severus and I walked out together.

At the stroke of 6, the door knocked, and Severus went to open it. To my delight, it was Draco. He greeted Severus, and I eagerly ran up to him, enveloping him in a big hug. "Draco, it's so good to see you!" I exclaimed, relieved and thrilled by his presence. The transformation in Draco's appearance was evident, radiating a sense of wellness that brought warmth to my heart.

As we settled into the living room, the air filled with the warmth of familiarity and camaraderie. Draco and Severus engaged in a brief exchange about recent events while I busied myself with setting out snacks and drinks.

"So, how have things been with you, Draco?" Severus inquired, pouring a glass of wine for himself.

Draco took a sip of his drink before responding, "Better, actually. It's been a journey, but I'm finding my footing again."

"That's good to hear," Severus replied, his tone reflecting genuine concern.

I joined in the conversation, eager to catch up with Draco. "What have you been up to? Where are you staying?"

Draco chuckled, taking another sip of his drink. "Nothing too exciting, just trying to keep busy. I'm living in an apartment, I've got no complaints living alone. How about you two? How's the new home treating you?"

Severus glanced at me, a fond smile tugging at his lips. "It's been wonderful, actually. Niamh has been busy with her baking, and I've been enjoying the peace and quiet, especially away from all of the media."

I nodded in agreement, a sense of contentment washing over me. "Yes, it's been lovely. We're really grateful to have found this place where we can experience comfortable quietness."

As the doorbell chimed, signaling the arrival of our other guests, I hurried to answer it, my heart fluttering with anticipation. The Weasley family, along with Harry and Hermione, stood on the doorstep, their faces lit up with smiles.

"Come in, come in!" I exclaimed, ushering them inside.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley exchanged warm greetings with Severus, while Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, Harry, and Hermione mingled with Draco, catching up on recent events.

Severus turned to greet them, his expression softening at the sight of our friends and former colleagues. "Welcome, everyone. It's good to see you all," he said warmly.

"Thanks for inviting us, Niamh," Mrs. Weasley chimed in, her eyes twinkling with affection.

"It's our pleasure," I replied, then turning to Severus who had a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

As the room filled with chatter and laughter, I couldn't help but feel a sense of joy and gratitude. Surrounded by loved ones in our cottage, I knew that this was where we truly belonged.

It was a little awkward after all the guests arrived, so I quickly offered a house tour. As we moved from room to room, I pointed out various features of our cottage, occasionally pausing to share anecdotes or funny stories about our experiences during the move.

"Here's the living room," I announced, gesturing toward the cozy space. "We spend most of our evenings here, curled up by the fire with a good book."

Ginny nodded, a smile playing at her lips. "It's lovely. I can imagine spending hours here."

Moving into the kitchen, Mrs. Weasley's eyes widened in delight at the sight of the well-equipped space. "Oh, it's so charming! And look at all the counter space. You'll have plenty of room for baking, dear."