Year 6 Pt 13

*authors note- there will be underage drinking in this chapter but I do not condone underage drinking*

I entered the common room to find a few early risers milling about. Heading to my dormitory, I gathered my attire for the day – stockings, shoes, skirt, tie, button-up shirt, and cloak – before making my way to the shower.

After a brisk shower and a quick drying spell to tend to my hair, I changed in the bathroom. Opting for my natural beachy waves, I applied minimal makeup before heading to the common room.

To my surprise, Harry wasn't on the couch, and Ron was nowhere in sight. However, Hermione sat on the ground by the fire, engrossed in her book. When she noticed me, a concerned expression settled on her face. "I didn't see you in your bed this morning. Everything okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Harry and I slept on the sofa, and I got up early for a run. I planned to return sooner, but I had an unexpected meeting with Dumbledore," I explained.

"What for?"

"Well, it was about the accident, and Harry and Henry are expelled," I sighed. Hermione gasped; expulsion was her worst fear. "And they came to apologize to me, actually," I continued.

"They did what?"

I recounted every detail, omitting the Snape incident, but Hermione couldn't believe her ears.

"No, they got what they deserve. Niamh, you're too nice! You shouldn't have hugged them," she exclaimed, appalled at the idea. Despite our differing reactions, we both found solace in the fact that this chapter was finally closing.

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

The day flew by with everyone eagerly anticipating the weekend. As the last Friday of the month, it was the perfect occasion for the Gryffindor upperclassmen to organize a party.

I couldn't contain my excitement; a party was exactly what my friends and I needed. Dean Thomas and I took charge of the planning, and during lunch, we finalized the details.

"This is going to be one amazing party, Niamh," Dean grinned.

"Yay! I'm so excited. This is just what I needed. Also," I said, grabbing the paper to check if I missed anything, "I asked Fred and George if they can bring us the special stuff."

Dean's smile widened, and he exclaimed, "You're the best, Niamh!"

"Aww, thanks, Dean! Okay, I'm going to start setting up now. Harry, do you want to join me?" I noticed Harry wasn't sitting with Ron and Hermione, and he seemed lost in his thoughts—probably something related to Draco. Despite his distant demeanor, he looked up and agreed to help with the preparations.

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

Harry and I energetically rearranged the couches and set up the snacks I had purchased at lunch, creating a lively atmosphere for the upcoming party. Meanwhile, Dean took charge of organizing the drinks. As I was about to head out to meet Fred and George for the firewhisky, memories of our close bond at Hogwarts flooded my mind.

Back when the twins attended Hogwarts, I shared a special connection with them. They had shown me all the secret tunnels and allowed me to participate in their pranks. Now, as I navigated through a hidden tunnel leading to Hogsmeade, I heard a familiar voice.

"Niamh!" Fred whisper-shouted.

Excitement bubbled up within me as I ran to greet him with a warm hug, mindful of the low ceiling in the tunnel.

"I've missed you guys so much!" I grinned after releasing the hug. "Congrats on the shop! I can't wait to visit often!" I expressed my enthusiasm.

"Yep, kept us busy, but it's been awesome," George shared, nudging Fred aside. I rushed to embrace him as well.

"Now that that's settled, here's the man of the hour," Fred declared, producing the firewhisky bottle. "Be careful," they warned in unison.

"Thanks, guys!" I attempted to hand them money, but they playfully refused.

"We are gentlemen, Niamh. Come on!" they cackled. "You look great, and feel free to drop by the shop anytime," Fred added.

"You guys are too sweet. Thanks again!" Waving at them, I began to walk away, anticipation building for the festivities ahead.

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

After hiding the firewhisky in my bed, I decided to change into something more suitable for the party. Opting for a tight black leather skirt and a maroon crop top, I left my hair's natural waves untouched since they were holding up well. With a quick touch-up of makeup, it was already 9:00, the official starting time for our gathering.

As I descended to the common room, I was met with a scene that Dean had brilliantly set up. Red lights adorned the area, creating an inviting dance floor. The music played at just the right volume to fill the room without being too overpowering, and even though the lights were off, everything was still visible.

Dean greeted me at the bottom of the stairs, offering a compliment, "You look amazing."

I blushed and replied, "Awe, thanks, Dean! You look handsome as well." He sported a white button-up shirt, leaving a few buttons undone to expose his chest, paired with black jeans.

Whispering to him, I revealed, "I've got the goods." I showed him the firewhisky, and he took it from my hands, strategically placing it with the other drinks.

𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

As the night wore on, the party became a blur of laughter and dancing. Feeling weightless, I swayed with the rhythm, and my vision spun as a permanent smile adorned my face.

Wandering over to Ron, who was clearly intoxicated and struggling to stay upright, I playfully blurted out, "Could you imagine if we had class tomorrow?" Ron, momentarily alarmed, clutched his chest and leaned against the wall.

"Bloody hell, Niamh, you scared me for a second! I thought you said we have class tomorrow," he exclaimed, his steps unsteady.

I chuckled and walked away, grabbing the firewhisky for one more shot. The burn down my throat left me feeling lighter and more energized.

Returning to the dance floor, I joined Hermione for a tipsy dance. As the night progressed, my eyelids began to droop. "Last song for me!" I yelled to Hermione, who nodded in agreement as a yawn escaped her lips.

Holding hands with Hermione, we swayed to the rhythm of the music. Despite the lively party, my thoughts kept drifting to Professor Snape. I wished I could be with him instead.

As the song came to an end, I made my way over to Dean, who was seated on the couch, thoroughly entertained and slightly intoxicated. "This was awesome, Dean. We did great," he exclaimed, standing up with a smile. I hugged him and planted a quick peck on his cheek.

"Goodnight, Dean," I said, stepping back and waving as I headed toward the dormitory. Dean waved back, shouting, "GIVE IT UP FOR NIAMH, EVERYBODY!"

Drained from the night's festivities, I hurriedly changed into my cozy pajamas. The soft fabric clung to my tired body. Collapsing onto my bed, my head sank into the fluffy pillow, and I succumbed to the embrace of sleep. The ambient sounds of laughter and music from the common room gradually faded as my eyes closed, plunging me into the tranquility of slumber.