Year 6 Pt 11

The subsequent weeks unfolded at a sluggish pace, marked by an unexpected absence: Professor Snape was sick for a continuous two-week stretch. Surprisingly, there was no official communication to the students regarding the situation, leaving an air of uncertainty and concern lingering in the classrooms.

Meanwhile, the bruises on my face gradually faded away after the initial week. Today marked a significant milestone – the day I could finally resume walking on my leg. Madam Pomfrey conducted a thorough examination, ensuring the full recovery of my leg, ribs, and confirming the disappearance of my concussion. The medical check marked the return to a semblance of normalcy.

Despite the positive developments, a lingering disappointment clung to me as I learned I was still barred from playing Quidditch for another month. Watching practice from the sidelines proved to be a challenging experience, but amidst the frustration, I found silver linings. The enforced break allowed me to forge a stronger bond with Hermione, and I utilized the time to get ahead on my schoolwork, creating a productive balance amid the setbacks.

November brought forth dreary weather, a relentless blend of rain and snow. Undeterred, I donned my thick stockings, a skirt paired with the comforting warmth of my Gryffindor sweater. Taking a moment for my hair, I styled my usual loose curls in a half-up, half-down fashion, incorporating bubble braids in the upper section, adorned with a black velvet ribbon at the top.

Content with my appearance, I joined Hermione for breakfast. As we entered the Great Hall, a gasp escaped me at the sight of the teachers' table. He was finally back. To maintain my façade, I feigned a sigh and remarked to Hermione, "Ugh, Snape's back." She glanced up and reciprocated the sigh, aligning with the act.

We proceeded to the table, and though outwardly I sighed in supposed disappointment, inwardly, a twinge of regret surfaced. Today was not my Defense Against the Dark Arts class, and an unexpected feeling of disappointment lingered, underscoring the complex emotions that characterized my relationship with Professor Snape.

        𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

The day unfolded with a sluggish cadence, but a spark of excitement ignited within me – it was Quidditch day! Gryffindor was set to face Ravenclaw, and anticipation bubbled as I envisioned the impending match. Fortunately, our chances looked promising; Ravenclaw's performance had been less than stellar this year.

As I prepared for the game, the chilly weather served as a backdrop. Although the air carried a biting cold, the absence of snow or rain brought a glimmer of relief. Hopeful that the weather would remain cooperative, my excitement heightened with the prospect of a swift and victorious match against Ravenclaw.

        𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧𓋼𓍊𓋼

Prior to the match, I swiftly changed into my Quidditch attire. Opting for comfort and warmth, I kept my thick stockings on and layered a pair of leggings underneath, topped with my favorite black sweatpants that not only showcased my figure but also provided exceptional warmth. A specially enchanted black long-sleeved shirt added an extra layer to keep me cozy, and I proudly adorned my jersey, a visible testament to my continued involvement with the team.

Seated in the bench area, I embraced my role as a bench coach. My focus on enhancing the chasers' skills had proven fruitful, contributing positively to the team's overall performance.

The match unfolded with Harry successfully catching the snitch within an hour, securing yet another Gryffindor victory. Celebratory cheers echoed as we basked in the triumph, and, reveling in the team's success, I joined the post-match celebrations before discreetly slipping away from the locker room, leaving early.