Deathly Hallows Pt 16

*TW!!: Mentions of extreme violence/torture! Read at your own risk!*

The next morning, the room felt unusually quiet and still. As I lay in bed, a new scent wafted in through the partially open window – the refreshing fragrance of the lemon tree, a smell I hadn't experienced before. The events from the night before lingered in my thoughts, causing an awful feeling in my stomach. In an attempt to distract myself, I got out of bed and first changed into a black matching set. Both the shirt and wide legged pants were ribbed and so comfy, fitting a little loose on my body. Satisfied, I headed to my favorite spot in the room.

Walking up to the big window, I'm struck by the lovely view of the garden it offers. My lemon tree, still standing strong even in winter, catches my eye, making my mouth water involuntarily. I let out a sigh, telling myself I'll get food soon. The sunlight outside gives everything a nice glow, and the garden looks pretty, making me feel a bit better. I look to my left and see a stack of books, each one with a black intricate design.

To beat the boredom, I picked up the first book. Pride and Prejudice. The pages were old, but it gave me a break from the lonely reality I was stuck in. Every word was like a little escape into a different world.

While I was reading, I kept hoping someone would show up. I wondered if I'd hear a knock on the door and see a familiar face. The idea of chatting with them became my way of looking forward to something good in the otherwise dull day.

Time seemed to go really slow, marked by the ticking of a clock and the sound of me flipping through pages. Loneliness settled in like a heavy fog, and I just wished for someone to talk to, to break the monotony.

As the day rolled on, I kept waiting, hoping Draco would come with food. The room became the prison I used to know, causing me to want to read my book even more, and forget everything around me. The occasional rustle of leaves carried by a gentle breeze seemed to always catch me off guard.

When the sun began to set, the feeling of being alone became even more intense. I sat there, still waiting, the room so quiet except for the sound of me turning pages. The loneliness felt like a constant ache, and I just wanted someone to share the time with.

As the sun sank below the horizon, an ominous darkness settled in. The door burst open, and Death Eaters materialized like silent apparitions in the dimly lit room, their presence casting unsettling shadows against the awakening garden.

Suddenly, I felt an invisible force seizing me, my book slipping from my grasp. The Death Eaters, faceless and unresponsive, dragged me away, my attempts to communicate met with an unsettling silence.

I mustered the courage to speak, "Where are you taking me? What's happening?"

The Death Eaters remained steadfast in their silence, their grip unyielding as they navigated through the manor's corridors.

The once-familiar lemon-scented refuge of my room became a distant memory. The pleasant fragrance disappeared, replaced by the oppressive, musty smell of damp stone, signaling the descent into the manor's depths.

Desperation edged my voice, "Please, answer me! What's going on?"

Each step resonated with an unsettling echo, amplifying the growing sense of fear that clung to me.

Shadows danced eerily on the walls as I was pulled deeper into the manor, the Death Eaters maintaining their silent vigil. The once-familiar passageways now felt like twisted mazes, each turn leading me further into an abyss of uncertainty.

I tried one more time, "Tell me something. Where are you taking me?"

The traces of normalcy vanished, replaced by the chilling embrace of a destiny dictated by those who thrived in the shadows.