Post War Pt 6

A couple days pass by, and as the evening approaches, anticipation bubbles within me like a fizzy potion. The prospect of dining with the Weasleys fills me with excitement, and I can barely contain my eagerness. Despite his stoic demeanor, I catch the hint of a smile playing at the corners of Severus's lips, a subtle indication of his own anticipation.

I slip into a pink jumpsuit, adorned with delicate floral patterns that dance across the fabric like whispers of magic. The jumpsuit hugs my curves in all the right places, accentuating my figure with effortless elegance.

Severus opts for a classic black button-down shirt paired with tailored black pants, his attire exuding an air of understated sophistication

Severus opts for a classic black button-down shirt paired with tailored black pants, his attire exuding an air of understated sophistication. As I straighten my hair and apply a touch of makeup, I steal glances at him in the mirror, admiring the way his attire contrasts with his pale complexion, lending him an air of mysterious allure.

Once we're both ready, we linger in the doorway, a sense of anticipation humming between us like an invisible thread. "Are you ready, Severus?" I ask, my voice tinged with excitement as I meet his gaze.

He nods, his expression unreadable yet tinged with a hint of warmth. "As ready as I'll ever be," he replies, his tone laced with a touch of amusement.

Before I could say anything else, he leans in and plants a soft kiss on my lips. "You look beautiful," he murmurs, his gaze lingering on me with adoration. "Let's go," he adds with a gentle smile, his hand reaching out to grasp mine as we step out into the evening together. As we apparate to the doorstep of the Burrow, the familiarity of the surroundings washes over me like a comforting embrace.

Mr. Weasley greets us with open arms, his eyes twinkling with delight as he welcomes us into his home. "Niamh, Severus, it's wonderful to see you both," he beams, engulfing me in a warm hug that fills me with a sense of belonging.

Severus nods politely, a hint of a smile playing at the corners of his lips as he exchanges pleasantries with our gracious host. The air is alive with the sounds and scents of home, the inviting aroma of Mrs. Weasley's cooking wafting from the kitchen like a siren's call.

As we step inside, I'm enveloped in a wave of nostalgia, the comforting chaos of the Burrow wrapping around me like a familiar blanket. Mrs. Weasley bustles about, her apron stained with the evidence of her culinary prowess as she orchestrates the dinner.

"Hello, my dears!" she exclaims, her face lighting up with joy as she greets us with a warm embrace. "So glad you could make it. Dinner will be ready soon, so make yourselves at home."

Ron and Hermione are lounging on the couch, their laughter filling the room as they engage in animated conversation. I rush forward, pulling them into a tight hug as we exchange excited greetings and catch up on the latest news.

"So, how have you been?" Hermione asks, her eyes sparkling with curiosity as she settles onto the couch beside me. "Anything new and exciting happening to you?"