Post War Pt 8

As I apparate to the garden at the Burrow, I'm greeted by the warm embrace of Ginny, her smile infectious as she welcomes me into her home. "Nimah, it's so good to see you!" she exclaims, pulling me into a tight hug.

Returning her embrace with equal enthusiasm, I feel a wave of gratitude wash over me at the sight of her familiar face. "Ginny, it's been too long," I reply, a genuine smile spreading across my lips as I take in the comforting surroundings of the Burrow.

Together, we make our way inside, the familiar creak of the floorboards beneath our feet a comforting reminder of the countless memories we've shared in this beloved home. Settling into the cozy living room, we sink into the well-worn armchairs, the soft glow of the fire casting a warm, inviting light over the room.

"So, how have you been?" Ginny asks, her voice filled with genuine curiosity as she settles in beside me. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," I reply, my heart swelling with affection for my dear friend. "Things have been... eventful, to say the least."

As the sun dips below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the peaceful countryside, I find myself surrounded by the familiar sights and sounds of the Burrow. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley enter the room, their smiles as bright as ever, welcoming me with open arms. Mrs. Weasley's hug is like coming home, her warmth wrapping around me like a comforting blanket. "Nimah, dear, it's lovely to see you," she says, her voice filled with genuine affection.

Returning her embrace, I express my gratitude for their hospitality. "Thank you for having me, Mrs. Weasley. It's always a pleasure to be here," I reply, a smile playing at the corners of my lips.

She smiles "your a pleasure to have"

I smile and she walks to the kitchen for dinner, her skilled hands working with practiced efficiency as she prepares a delicious meal for us. The tantalizing aroma of home-cooked food fills the air, making my stomach rumble in anticipation.

As we wait for dinner to be ready, the twins apparate into the room with their usual flair, their contagious grins lighting up their faces as they greet me with playful banter. "Nimah, darling, you're looking positively radiant," Fred exclaims in a mocking posh accent.

I laugh at their antics, feeling a sense of joy wash over me at the sight of their familiar faces. "Oh please," I tease back in a posh accent "The pleasure is all mine," a fond smile tugging at my lips as we look at one another before bursting out in laughter.

Soon enough, dinner is served, and we all gather around the table, sharing stories and laughter as we enjoy Mrs. Weasley's delicious cooking. With each bite, I feel a sense of contentment wash over me, grateful for the warmth and camaraderie of this cherished family.

As I reach over to get seconds, Mrs. Weasley's gasp interrupts the flow of conversation, her eyes widening in surprise as she looks at me with a mixture of excitement and curiosity. "Nimah, dear, did Severus propose?" she asks, her voice tinged with anticipation.

Caught off guard, I feel my cheeks flush with embarrassment as I realize that I had completely forgotten to share the news. "Oh, yes, he did!" I exclaim, a bright smile spreading across my face as I nod enthusiastically.

The room erupts into cheers and congratulations, the air buzzing with excitement as everyone shares in my joy. Mr. Weasley claps me on the back, his face beaming with pride. "Congratulations, Nimah! Severus is a lucky man," he declares, his words filled with genuine happiness for us.

The twins exchange playful grins, their eyes sparkling with mischief as they offer their congratulations in their own unique way. "Well, well, looks like old Snape finally popped the question," George quips, while nudging his brother.