Miami GP- Thursday

Tessa and I had landed in Miami Thursday morning. We had checked into our hotel room and unpacked everything.

"So today is just media day for them, right?" Tessa asked.

Charles had given us the schedule for this weekend. And to be honest, I wasn't sure how they did this week in and week out. They stayed busy non stop. If they weren't in their cars, then they were doing media.

"Yep. For most of the day. They should be done around 3pm." Looking at my watch, it was only 11am now.

She plopped down on the bed. We were exhausted, having both worked yesterday and leaving late to catch up on charting.

"So. Are we gonna go get some food? I know we both have to be starving. Oh. When's Tatum landing? Would she be able to meet us?" Tessa was excited to meet Tatum. Tessa was shy, but sassy once she warmed up to you. And Tatum was Latina, all sass. They will get along just fine.

I opened up mine and Tatum's texts to see when she would be landing.

"She lands in an hour. You want to wait and see if she wants to go with us?" I asked.

She nodded her head with excitement. "Sure!"

I sent Tay a quick text saying to meet us at this Italian restaurant nearby our hotel, knowing she wouldn't get it until she landed.

We decided to watch tv until it was time to meet Tatum.

Turning on the TV, the F1 sports channel was on.

"You mind if we leave this on? I want to get a feel for how this weekend is going to go, if that's okay?" I turned to look at Tessa, who hadn't answered me yet. She was fast asleep beside me on the bed.

I smiled at her, grateful that she came with me for this.

"So Charles, did you do anything fun over the winter break?" I heard a female voice with a French accent.

The camera was on Charles, in his Ferrari cap, polo, and jeans.

He showed a small smile as he replied, "Well. I spent a lot of time with friends and family. But I also spent a lot of time in the gym and training to prepare for the season as well."

The camera flipped back to the interviewer and as her name popped up on the bottom of the screen and my stomach dropped.

"You have to be fucking joking me" I mumbled to myself.

It was Alex, Charles' ex girlfriend.

"Hmm. That's good." Was all she said as she looked back down at her iPad, which I'm assuming has a list of questions to ask.

"How are you feeling about being back in the car after your 3rd World Champion? Do you feel more confident?" She plastered on her best tv smile.

I rolled my eyes.

The camera flipped back to Charles, who smile had quickly faded and he was looking like he had zoned out.

"Charles?" Alex said.

He blinked, his gaze coming back to her as he answered. "We did make some changes to the car to try to make it more quick, but we will have to see how it does as far as pace with these changes. I wouldn't say that I am 'more' confident, as every year is a new year with new cars."

She nodded like she was interested in what he was saying.

This whole thing is painful to watch.

"So, with you finishing P1 last weekend, Max P2, and Carlos P3, are you expecting the results of this weekend to be similar?" She tilted her head at him. I could tell her mind was racing just by watching her through the tv, about what thought I wasn't sure.