Kiss and Make Up

I was laying on our bed in our hotel room scrolling on instagram and waiting on Charles. I wasn't sure if he was going to be angry with me still or what. I still stood by what I said. I would protect him at all costs. It wasn't my fault that Alex had legitimately committed a crime.

All of a sudden, my group chat with all of the boys started going off.

Lando: omg Blake. You were a savage!

Pierre: it's about time she got put in her place ;)

Max: I don't think I have ever seen you so sassy. I loved every second of it!

My attention was pulled from my phone as I heard the door softly click open and closed. Charles walked over to my side of the bed and sat on the edge.

We both didn't say anything, we just sat there in silence.

After a while, he reached out and placed his hand on mine, which was now resting in my lap.

"I'm sorry that I snapped." He said. "I thought more about what you said."

My eyes roamed his face. He looked exhausted, more so than usual. The dark circles under his eyes were more prominent now.

"You were right. What she did- has been doing- is not okay. It's illegal, and it needed to be dealt with."

His eyes met mine.

"But?" I asked. I knew there was "but" coming.

"I just wish that it had been dealt with differently," he sighed. "I wasn't worth that much trouble that you went through."

I tilted my head at him. "That's where you're wrong, Charles. You are worth it. And as far as how I handled it.. I don't really think it could've been handled any differently. That's the only way to drive the point home with people like her.

His eyes became glassy. "No one has ever defended me like that before..."

I sat up on the bed and moved closer to him. "And that's exactly why I did that. She was just going to keep trying to blackmail you if someone didn't stop her."

He started chewing on the inside of his cheek again, lost in thought.

"You really should stop doing that," I pointed to his cheek, "It's a nasty habit to break. Trust me." I joked with him, trying to lighten the mood.

He let out a small laugh. "You're right." He reached over and grabbed my hips, pulling me on top of him so I was straddling him.

"I'm sorry that I got mad at you after the Hot Lap." I started running my fingers through his hair. "It's not your fault you couldn't break your contract with her."

"I forgive you... But. How did you get all of that footage, anyway?" Charles asked.

I grinned and winked at him, "I told you. I have my connections."

He stared at me, not giving up until I told him the truth.

"Fine, fine. It was Pierre. I'm not sure how he did it... but he seems to know everyone."

He chuckled, "Now that I can believe."

I ran my fingers through his hair. "Are you still mad at me?"

C wrapped his arms around me and leaned back on the bed so now I was laying on him.

Peering down at him, I gave him a quick kiss.

"Not really. But I can think of a few ways you can make it up to me." He said playfully as his hands roamed over my body.

I grinned at him as I leaned down and kissed him again, this time deeper. I broke the kiss and started leaving a trail of them along his jaw and down his neck.