Austin GP- Thursday

"Don't be nervous Blake, we're just going to pick her up." Charles said as he placed his hand on my leg that was vigorously bouncing up and down. He was driving us to the place that we would be picking Lana up.

"I know, I know. I'm just excited, that's all."

We rode in silence for a bit.  C glanced at me before looking back at the road. "We're here."

I beamed, "Oh my god. Really?"

I looked out the window as we pulled up to the foster home. It was a smaller two story home with a basketball goal in the driveway and two bicycles laying in the yard.

Charles and I got out of the car and walked up to the front door.

"Ready?" he looked at me.

I nodded my head excitedly before reaching up and knocking on the door.

I heard multiple sets of footsteps, she quicker and some father apart.

"Coming!" a voice on the other side of the door said.

The footsteps got closer before the door opened.

We were met by a woman who appeared to be in her mid thirties with dark brown hair that was pulled up into a messy bun.

"Oh, hey! You must be Blake and Charles," she said, "I'm Lacy, Lana's foster mom."

"Hi. It's nice to meet you." I said.

Sounds of footsteps came trailing towards us.

Lacy turned around, "Lana! There's someone here that wants to meet you!"

"Coming!" The tiny voice said as the pattering of footsteps got louder.

"Hi. I'm Lana Kate King. I'm 5 years old."

I immediately locked eyes with a blonde haired girl with the most beautiful silver eyes. She was wearing a red dress with the Ferrari logo on the front of it.

I smiled down at her.

"Hi Lana. I'm Blake, and this is Charles." I glanced at Charles, who had yet to say anything. His eyes were studying Lana.

"C?" I whispered, bringing him out of his thoughts.

"Hey Lana. I'm Charles. It's nice to meet you." He knelt down so he could be eye level with her. "I hear you're going to be spending the next couple of days with us?"

Lana's eyes got really big as she looked up at Lacy. "Really Ms. Lacy?"

Lacy nodded her head. "Yep. You're going to get to hang out with them for the weekend."

Lana started jumping up and down. She turned around to face C and wrapped her arms around his neck, almost throwing him off balance.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She said.

Charles chuckled. "You're welcome. Are you ready to go?"

She let go of his neck and took a step back, giggling.

"Why does your voice sound like that?" Lana asked Charles.

Charles' eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"What I think Lana means, is why do you have an accent." Lacy clarified.

I smiled at Lana. She was a curious thing.

Charles started laughing. "Oh. Well, I am not from America. I'm from Monaco. English is my second language. My first language is French. That is why my voice sounds like this."

Lana tilted her head, deep in thought. "How many languages do you speak?" She looked up at me.

"I speak English and Spanish. And Charles is teaching me French." I answered.