Necklace

"Oh my god. That was such a fun weekend. Thank you sooooo much for bringing me Blake!" Tessa exclaimed as we boarded our plane to head back home.

I smiled at her. "You're welcome. I'm glad you had fun. I'm also glad you got to meet Lando."

She stopped walking in front of me, her body going rigid while backing up the isle of traffic behind me.

I couldn't see her face, but her body language told me she was shocked that I knew something was up. She acts like I don't know her. I smirked to myself.

We got to our seats, put our carryons in the bin overhead and got into our seats. I was by the window, Tess on the isle side.

I pulled out my phone and sent Charles a quick text telling him we were on the plane. Not that he was going to be seeing it because he was already headed to Saudi Arabia for the race this weekend.

I don't see how they did this every weekend.

I quickly text Tatum as well, telling her we were about to take off and when we would land.

Tatum: good. Let me know when you make it safe :) baby and I miss you already <3

I smiled at my phone.

"I really like Tatum. I Can see that she really loves you. Do you think she wants to keep being my friend?" She hesitantly asked. Tessa was just as insecure as I was sometimes.

"Of course," I answered, "if she didn't like you, you would know it. Plus, we have to throw her a baby shower."

Tess tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear, smiling.

She sighed. "I still can't believe she's pregnant with you know who."

"I know. We really need to come up with code names for all of the boys." I thought out loud.

We started making plans for Tatum's baby shower while the plane took off. It didn't take long before both of us fell asleep, exhausted from the hustle of the weekend.

I woke up with Tessa's head on my shoulder, and my head resting on hers.

I just sat there, thinking about everything that had happened this weekend. I was still in shock that this was how they lived their lives.

Meanwhile Tessa and I do our best to keep people from dying everyday at work. The stress was there for us just as much as it was for them, but it was such a different kind of pressure. The responsibility was different. The weight of being a nurse had really started to take a toll on me, and I had only just realized it this weekend.

Tessa mumbled something that I couldn't understand. I glanced at her, she was still sleeping. She must be dreaming.

I reached up to adjust my necklace, but my face fell as I glanced down.

No, no, no, no. Where the fuck is it?

I reached down to grab my purse, Tessa's head falling off m shoulder and she jolted awake.

"Ow, what the hell Blake? Are you trying to give me whiplash?" she started running a hand through her hair to tame it.

I had pulled everything out of my purse. It wasn't there

"Fuck." I muttered.

"Are you gonna tell me what you're freaking out about?" she yawned.

I dumped what was remaining in my bag onto my lap. Wallet, passport, lipgloss, car keys, AirPods. No necklace.

"It's gone." I was now panicking.

"What's gone?"

I fumbled through all of my belongings again. "My necklace. The one Charles gave me when I was on vacation. It is not on my neck, and it's not in my bag."