Home

"Passport? Wallet? Paperwork? Chargers?" Tessa went down the check list.

"Check, check, check and.... check." I replied as I went through my carry on bag one more time. It took a couple of weeks for me to pack everything, get all of the paperwork in order, sell my jeep and everything else before I was ready to move.

Charles and I had discussed it and we decided to keep my apartment in Houston, that way whenever I wanted to come back I would have somewhere to stay besides a hotel. It took some convincing, but I talked Tessa into moving into the apartment. She was ready to move out of her parent's house, so it actually worked out perfectly.

"First Class for flight 488 to Monte Carlo, please board now."

I looked at Tessa, who already had fresh tears swimming in her eyes, threatening to spill over.

"Don't you dare cry. Because if you cry, I'm gonna cry." I told her.

She nodded her head, "I know. I'm trying. I'm just going to miss you so much."

The tears started stinging my eyes. "I'm going to miss you too Tess. So much."

She wrapped her arms around me, her head leaning on my shoulder due to how short she was compared to me.

"You're coming to the race in Silverstone, right?"

She nodded her head before letting go to look at me.

"Yep. I'll be there in four weeks." She stated. "It will be the longest four weeks of my life, but I will see you there."

I smiled at her. "Good. We will FaceTime everyday. Okay?"

"Last call for First Class for flight 488 to Monte Carlo."

We looked at each other before giving another quick hug.

"I love you, Tess."

"I love you too, B. Let me know when you land. Okay?" She asked.

I nodded before I turned and headed toward the plane that was bringing me home.

__________________________

I stepped off the terminal and into Monaco's crisp air. I made my way out of the crowd and my eyes immediately locked onto his. He was holding a bouquet of roses, smiling brightly.

I briskly walked to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. His arms wrapped around me and he picked me up. My legs immediately wrapped around his waist.

"I can't believe I'm actually here for good." I said into his shoulder.

He chuckled. "You are right where you are supposed to be." He kissed my neck. "Welcome home baby."

I leaned back and kissed him.

"Home." I dropped my legs and looked up at him.

"How does that make you feel?" He asked me.

I smiled brightly. "This has been home for a while now."

"Really?"

I nodded. "Plus. Home is wherever you are."

His features changed to something I couldn't quite pinpoint.

"Are you ready?" He nodded towards the luggage claim area.

I nodded. I had condensed my whole wardrobe to two suitcases. I had decided that I would rebuild it with clothes from here.

After we got my suitcases and I went through customs, we made our way to his Ferrari in the valet.