New Beginnings

The dinner with Charles and the other drivers was tonight, and I was low key freaking out. I have no idea how to dress for these sorts of things. So I called the only person that I knew that would know exactly what I should wear.

"Heyyyyyy Tay." I said as she answered her phone.

"Oh gosh. I know that voice. What event are you going to, and I will need you to send me pictures of the outfits that you have." Tatum demanded. When it came to fashion, she meant business.

I sent her photos of 2 outfits that I had while I filled her in on my new relationship with Charles, as well as what type of dinner I was going to.

"Okay definitely go with the blue cowl neck tank with the white trousers. You can thank me later."

"Okay, I'll send you a picture once I finish getting dressed."

Me: Okay Tay, final look

Me: Okay Tay, final look. What do you think? Is this "meet the Formula 1 drivers at dinner" worthy?

Tay: Of course. I would never steer you wrong when it comes to fashion. ;) remember- just be yourself. everyone will love you!

Me: <3

I had just finished putting on my lipstick when there was a knock at the door. A smile forming on my lips, I walked over and opened the door.

"Hé chérie." I said, my French accent was absolutely horrible, but I knew it would just take some practice. I had googled the most common phrases in French, because I was now determined to learn the language.

He looked at me shockingly. "Hey Darling." He translated back to me. "I didn't know you were learning French. I am impressed. However, we need to work on your accent." Charles chuckled as he stepped into my room, leaning in to give me a kiss.

"Well, I knew my accent was going to be shit. That's what I have you for." I shrugged my shoulders.

He stepped back to look at me.

"How do I look?" Asking while I did a 360 for him. "Is this too much? Not enough?"

He was quiet for a moment. He had on khaki pants with a black knit sweater. And he was wearing those glasses that just make him even more attractive.

"You look absolutely beautiful." He breathed.

I felt the heat of a blush develop on my neck and cheeks. He smiled at me, now knowing that I hate compliments.

"Are you sure this is 'meet your friends' worthy?" I moved my hands up and down my body. I let out a ragged breath, letting my nerves show for a moment.