Post Monaco

It was the day after the Monaco GP. Which meant the start of Charles' summer break. We spent most of our time today in bed, but eventually hunger took over and I decided to cook us something.

I was in the kitchen at the stove wearing a oversized t-shirt and some short cooking pasta when I heard Charles' footsteps behind me.

"Ya know, if you're trying to sneak up on me you'll have to be quieter than that." I smiled, still facing the stove.

Charles didn't reply.

Scrunching my eyebrows I turned to look at him. He had a pained expression on his face with his eyes glued to the floor. The red flags started going off in my head. He had his phone slack in his hand.

"Okay. What's wrong? Did something happen?" I questioned.

He slowly brought his eyes up to me, his gaze hazy as he slowly nodded his head.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Are you going to tell me? Whatever it is, I can handle it..." I reassured him.

I can handle it. I have to.

He slowly handed me his phone, which was opened up to an article.

CHARLES LECLERC HARD LAUNCHES NEW RELATIONSHIP WITH AMERICAN NURSE

I looked back up at Charles, who's face was pale.

"Okay. This is okay. We knew this was going to happen. Don't be upset over this." I walked over to him and looped my arms around his neck.

He didn't meet my gaze.

"Hey." I gently grabbed his chin and turned his head so he would look at me. "It's okay. I promise. I knew this was going to happen. I'm prepared for it. Are you upset about the picture?"

He slowly shook his head. "It's not that that I am worried about. I'm just worried about you going back to the States and your job and the paparazzi there is just so different than here and-"

I slowly placed my finger over his mouth to get him to stop rambling.

"Charles. It is going to be okay. I can handle this. I pinky promise." I held my pinky up in between us.

He hesitated for a moment before locking his pinky with mine.

"I just..." he started. "I just worry about you is all. America is very different than here when it comes to Formula 1 because of how new it is over here."

"I know it is. I'll figure it out. I always do. Worst case I just won't have a job and I'll be poor. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there." I smiled at him playfully.

His face dropped even more, not finding my joke funny at all.

"Charles, relax. I know what I signed up for. And I am aware of all of the possibilities of what could happen. If I get fired I have enough money saved up to las-"