The Intervention

The Monaco GP was only two weeks away. It was the last race in July before the summer break.

It has been a month since Charles' wreck. And a month since I last talked to him.

I still watched every race. Whether it was at home or at work. Sometimes Tessa watched it with me when she wasn't busy. And every race, Charles had an interview with Alex, which I muted because I didn't want to hear her voice ever again.

Charles and Max were still neck and neck for 1st in the Driver's Championship.

It was a biweek, so no race today.

I was sitting on the couch trying to decide what to watch when I heard a knock on the door.

I scrunched my face up, wondering it was Tessa making a surprise visit.

I turned the door knob and opened the door.

"Tessa I didn't know you wer-" I stilled.

My eyes looked back and forth between Max, Lando, Pierre and Carlos. Max had his arms crossed leaned up against the threshold. Lando was standing a little bit behind him with hands running through his curls. Pierre was beside Lando with his hands in his pockets. Carlos was on the other side of the threshold, his forearm above his head as he leaned against it.

"What are you guys doing here?" I gasped.

They looked between each other deciding who will speak first.

It was Pierre that spoke up. "This is an intervention."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "I'm sorry. A what?"

The boys just stared at me, waiting for me to let them in.

I sighed and stepped aside, pulling the door open with me.

They filed in. Max first, then Carlos, Lando and Pierre lastly. The others had made their way into the living room. But Pierre grabbed my arm, stopping me after I closed the door.

I looked up at him. "Why are you here?" I muttered.

His mouth formed a tight line. "Because I care. And I'm tired of seeing my two friends be miserable."

Then he left me at the door and started toward the living room where the others were.

I rounded the corner to see Max sitting on the couch with one leg crossed over the other. Carlos had kicked back and had his feet propped up with the tv remote in hand.

I turned my head as I heard rustling coming from the kitchen. Lando was digging around in my fridge.

I looked down at my rug that was in the middle of the living room, all of them had kicked their shoes off and left them in a pile.

Pierre did the same, kicking his shoes off and making his way to the recliner and propping his feet up. He pulled his phone out and started playing on it.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" I put my hands on my hips.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

"We wanted to see you." Lando turned around with a bowl of ice cream in his hands.

I swiveled around in my spot in the living room. He was opening all of the drawers looking for a spoon.

I turned back to Max.

"Okay." I crossed my arms over my chest. "Will someone tell me what the fuck is going on?"

That's when they all looked at Max, wanting him to start.

He reached up and started scratching the back of his head.