Mari Liliana

Kika had met us for dinner, and we were all sitting around waiting on Lando's ice cream when my phone buzzed. Tatum had texted the girl's group with me, Tessa and Leighton.

Tatum: Girls, meet Mari Liliana Sainz- De La Cruz :)

I let out a squeal. "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!"

Everyone jerked their heads towards me.

"Blake, what's wrong?" Concern filled Charles' voice.

My face was bright with excitement.

"Look!" I showed him the picture.

"No way." Charles breathed, a huge smile forming.

Everyone else was patiently waiting for me to explain what the hell was going on.

I showed them all the picture Tatum had sent, their faces showing excitement and happiness for them.

Lando, who was sitting to the left of me, grabbed my phone out of my hands to get a better look.

"Oh my god. She's so cute." He exclaimed, glancing back at me. "When are you and Charles going to have one?"

My excitement was quickly replaced by sadness as I felt like a bucket of water had been dumped on me.

My face dropped, "Um, actually Lando. I'm not sure if I can have children..." I mumbled, tucking a stray hair behind my ear.

Lando's face immediately blanched. "I'm so sorry, Blake. I had no idea." He covered his face with embarrassment.

I gently reached up and pried his hands from his face. "Hey... It's okay. You didn't know."

He looked at me briefly before he lunged forward and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry," he muttered.

"It's okay, promise." The lie easily rolled off my tongue. It's the one that I had practiced and rehearsed for years now.

Of course I wasn't going to tell him it felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest every time I was reminded of my slim to none chance of ever having a baby.

But it was an honest mistake, he didn't intentionally say that to hurt me. And I wasn't going to fault him for it.

I felt the tears begin to swim in my eyes. Determined to not let anyone see them fall, I abruptly let go of him, turning to Charles.