Punkflower

"Hey, Hobes! I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?" I heard a sad sigh from the other end of the phone before he responded. "Sorry Miles, I can't I'm busy tonight. Maybe another night." My eyes burned with unshed tears. "Oh yeah, okay. I'll see ya! Love ya, Hobie!" The line went dead. The tears growing in my eyes finally fell. "Don't be weak, Miles! He's busy. Don't be a crybaby." I just wanted to see him, to be happy with someone else. To celebrate, even if the other person never knew. A year! For a year I hadn't cut. I hadn't hurt myself. I just wanted to hang out with someone who loved me, to be proud of myself, even if no one else knew what for. Gwen was watching Mayday, Pav was with his Aunt Maya, Ganke was at home for the weekend, Peter was on a date night, and Hobie was busy. I sat there on my bed alone for who knows how long, wallowing, wishing someone else was there. That there was someone who cared enough to ask what's wrong, or how was your day. I pushed the tears off my face, Spiderman isn't weak. I flopped onto my back, holding back the rest of the tears that wanted to fall. A portal opened and I shot up quickly. "Hobie? I thought you were busy." He shrugged, "I was but I finished and who would choose anything else other than hanging out with the cutest boy in the multiverse." Hobie took a closer look at me before his eyes widened. "What's going on, Sunflower? Why were you crying?" He rushed over, pulling me closer to him. "It's nothing important." He shook his head. "Anything that makes my sunflower cry is important." I sighed, relenting. "It's been a year since the last time I cut," I pulled up my sleeves, displaying the scars. "And I just wanted to be with someone to celebrate, even if they didn't know. I get it though, why would anyone want to hang out with the weakest spiderman." Hobie pulled me in tighter. "You are the strongest spiderman I know and I am so proud of you. If I had known I would've made sure my whole day was clear so I could celebrate with my beautiful boyfriend. But hey! Now I know and I can make sure to be here, with you, every year following." I shrugged, "You don't have to do that. It's not that important, I just didn't want to be alone." A kiss was pressed to my head, "Well, now you're not. And it's super important. You are so strong to be able to do all that work, especially alone." Another portal opened next to us. "Hey Miles," Miles-42 said. "thought we could celebrate." He pulled a cake from a bag at his side. I smiled at him and motioned for him to sit next to us. "You too?" I asked, he simply nodded, grabbing a forkful from the cake. Hobie smiled, grabbing his own forkful and we spent the rest of the night celebrating.