Ineffable Husbands

I sit in the corner of the bookshop, crying, wishing Aziraphale would finally arrive when the bell rang on the door. "Crowley, my dear? Where are you?" I hear his light footsteps flit around the room, searching. "A-angel? I'm back here." The footsteps come closer before my angel turns the corner with a smile, it quickly dropping when he sees my state. He comes to sit next to me carefully. "My dear, what's wrong?" Tears continue falling from my serpentine eyes, "I'm always going to be alone. Heaven abandoned me, Hell hates me, and you'll eventually leave for Heaven. "Oh my dear boy, no. I would never, ever, choose Heaven over you. It's our side, remember?" I nodded, just wanting him to touch me, hug me, hold me, anything. A simple touch that I haven't had in so long. I closed my eyes trying to stop the tears when a warm palm met my face. I gasp, eyes shooting open, dilating until no color was left. "Oh sweetheart, my dear boy. I've got you I've got you, dear boy. Youu haven't been loved well enough, I'm afraid." He pressed a brief kiss to my forehead. "Well, no worries, I'll fix that up." I shook my head, leaning more into his hand. "That's rotten work. You don't have to do that." He pulled me closer to him, into his lap. "I want to, dear boy. I love you." More tears fell as I gripped tightly onto his hand. "Why'd you say that, Angel?" He layed his head against my own. "Because it's true, Crowley. I would never lie to you about that." My breath stuttered. "You shouldn't have said that. Anyone who loves me leaves. I don't want you to, Angel. I want you to stay, for it to be our side." He shook his head gently. "It is our side. It will be, forever."