Kiribaku

Kat and I have been planning this movie night for weeks and it finally came time. We were gonna binge watch all of the Jurassic Park/World movies. I was sitting on his bed waiting for him to come into the room as he was using the bathroom. I stretched across the bed and felt a hard lump wedged between the wall and the bed. I pulled it out and found a plain, black, leather journal. I opened it to a random page. I read a story, gruesome in detail of someone being tortured and beat. I turned the page to find another of the person being thrown from a train on a mountain. I continued looking through and found countless gruesome stories. Kat came out of the bathroom and saw me with the book. He tried to pull it from my hands but I maintained my grip on it. "Kat, hun, what is this?" He quietly whispered, nearly inaudible to me. "It's what I dream about," he chuckles, "though I doubt you could call those dreams." I dropped the book before pulling him into my lap, hugging him. I pulled him to the bed, laying us down. I pulled him to my chest, curling around him; as if to protect him. "I'm so sorry I can't take you nightmares away, but I can definitely help. Tell me what you need, hun." He curled closer to me. "Just- Just stay here... please." I kissed his head. "Of course."