𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐒𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐞𝐫

─────▕⃝⃤─────

The end of the never-ending summer holidays came upon Astria with the speed of an enchanted broomstick, drawing a heavy sigh from her lips. Of course, she was eager to return to Hogwarts, but that month at the Tonks residence had been the happiest of her life. She could hardly contain the relief that surged through her, knowing she wouldn't have to go back to the nightmare that was Wool's Orphanage No. 13.

On the final night of the holidays, Mrs. Tonks conjured a sumptuous dinner that included all of Astria's favorite dishes, ranging from seafood, through pastas, and finishing with a mouthwatering caramel pudding. Dora was transfiguring her own nose into snouts and animal beaks during dinner.

Then came the time for the final mug of hot chocolate and heading to bed. Lady Malfoy read to her that night. One of Beedle the Bard's tales: 'Babbitty Rabbitty'. It didn't take long before Astria drifted off to sleep, soothed by the gentle cadence of her voice.

They took their time to travel the next morning. They woke up at sunrise, but for some reason, they seemed to have a fair bit of things to do. Lady Black paced around, her mood sour, searching for books and quills. Astria could have sworn that at one point, she heard a snarl eerily reminiscent of a feline coming from the older woman.

Mrs. Tonks rolled her eyes every time she saw her younger sister grumbling. It was funny how they teased each other so much and yet loved each other absurdly. When everyone had finally boarded the car, Mrs. Tonks looked at the back seat where Astria, Draco, along with Lago and Medeia were sitting comfortably side by side, and then started the car towards the station.

The train journey was quite peaceful. Lady Black ended up staying in the compartment with them, and Astria fell asleep on her shoulder without realizing it.

She woke up to gentle taps on her nose and the smiling face of the older woman looking at her. "Wake up, sleeping beauty. We're arriving."

Draco stepped out so Astria could properly put on her uniform, and Lady Black helped her with her hair, twisting it at the top and letting the rest cascade down her back.

─────▕⃝⃤─────

During dinner in the Great Hall, neither Harry nor Ron Weasley made an appearance. However, by the next morning, the gossip had spread: they had been caught by six Muggles in a flying car, nearly getting expelled and setting the record for the quickest detention of the year. They had barely set foot in Hogwarts for five minutes and were already sentenced to detention.

For Astria, it was difficult to decide whether to find this stupid or hilarious. So, she simply decided it was both. Along with Draco, she made her way to the Great Hall, where the House tables were already crowded with bowls of porridge, platters of smoked fish, heaps of toast, eggs and bacon, along with pumpkin juice and an array of other options. The enchanted ceiling, even today, was filled with clouds, suggesting a cloudy day.

Astria propped up a copy of "The Art of Wizarding Dueling and a Thousand and One Counter-Spelling Spells, When to Use Them" against a jug of milk as she devoured her toast.

"That wasn't on the booklist," Draco noted, and she gave him a teasing look.

"We won't learn anything from the nonsense Lockhart gave us. Another foolish teacher..." she said, shrugging, before returning her focus to the book. "Professor Snape or Lady Black could teach dueling much better than that idiot."

Draco nodded in agreement just as Snape approached them. "Malfoy, Shafic," He said, and two white pamphlets floated behind him, landing in front of the respective recipients.