𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏)

Folks, I'm running late. I was supposed to have updated this chapter two days ago. But I'm simply dying from frequent migraines

(so much chaos altogether and my autistic butt is suffering.)

But as I've already explained before, the story is almost finished and by April 1st, I'll be posting the first chapter of Obliviate.

Love ya

─────▕⃝⃤─────

Astria remained still, her gaze fixed on the unconscious Carrow siblings. She turned to Harry, their eyes meeting. "He's on his way, and time is not on our side. We need to ensure the students' safety while we scour the castle. He's after us, but he won't hesitate to eliminate anyone who stands in his way."

Narcissa nodded, a look of astonishment crossing her face. She straightened up, resolute. "We'll protect the school. You two, search for the Horcruxes."

"Is that possible?" Harry asked.

"I believe so," she replied. "Minerva could take on three wizards by herself. If all the teachers unite, we can keep him at bay. But Severus..."

"I don't think he'll attack us," Astria cut in. "Regardless, we must leave. There's a secret passage to the Hog's Head. We can evacuate the students through there, but we need a distraction at the castle gates."

They swiftly exited the Ravenclaw common room, Narcissa's Patronus lighting the way ahead. A bluish light in the shape of a fierce leopard illuminated the corridors.

When they heard muffled footsteps, Astria stopped, followed by Narcissa. "I know it's you," Astria said, raising her wand.

"Ten points to Slytherin," Severus Snape emerged from behind a suit of armor.

Astria felt a wave of sadness. She missed the professor, the weekends during the holidays spent learning from him. It always pained her how everything had changed since Voldemort's return.

"Where are the Carrows?" he asked, in a low voice.

"Taking a nap," Astria replied, eliciting a snort from him.

Everything happened in the blink of an eye. Snape lifted his cloak sleeve revealing the scar, but before he could do anything, a tabby cat Patronus burst through the corridor. And from the shadows, Minerva appeared with her wand raised.

She looked straight at Astria and positioned herself protectively in front. "You won't call him."

The old woman moved faster than anyone would have believed. Her hand sliced through the air, and for a fraction of a second, it seemed Snape would fall, but the swiftness of the Shield Charm he cast was such that McGonagall stumbled.

She flicked her wand at a torch, and the object flew from its wall bracket. The fire filled the corridor and whipped through the air like a lasso at Snape. The next moment it was no longer fire, but a large black snake that McGonagall exploded into smoke, only to reassemble and solidify within seconds, turning into a swarm of daggers that chased Snape.

"Salazar's serpents!" exclaimed Narcissa, pulling them all back.

The noise must have alerted everyone in the corridor because Professors Flitwick and Sprout, in their nightclothes, came running through the passage to meet them.

"You won't kill anyone else at Hogwarts!" one of the professors shouted, drawing their wand.
Flitwick's charm resonated on the armor that sheltered Snape, bringing it to life with a bang. Snape, in a nimble move, wriggled out of the armor and rushed into a classroom. Moments later, the sound of shattering glass filled the air.