𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

─────▕⃝⃤─────

As the following day was Saturday, most students would typically have their breakfast later. However, Astria arrived early; she had been experiencing trouble sleeping, plagued by many nightmares. But she didn't want to disturb Narcissa. It was highly likely that the woman would attempt to see them and accidentally witness the pleasant dreams Astria had been having all summer.

Lago perched on her shoulder as she entered the Great Hall. There were about twenty people wandering around, some eating toast, all examining the Goblet of Fire. The piece had been placed in the center of the hall, taking up a considerable space. It was dark, illuminated only by blue flames.

Yet, it felt cozy.

In the distance, she saw Harry, Ron, and Hermione approaching. Ron appeared as if he had just been run over by a Bludger. His robes were in a pitiful state, and his hair resembled a rainforest after a storm. But he wore a broad smile. "Has anyone already put their name in?" he asked eagerly as he drew near.

"Good morning to you too, Wesley," Astria replied with a falsely sweet smile. "All the Durmstrang lot," she finally responded after a decent greeting. "But I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts yet."

"I bet some people did it last night after we all went to bed," Harry said. "I would've done the same... wouldn't want anyone watching me. What if the Goblet spat my name out right away?"

"I must agree, it would be embarrassing. I'd have done the same," Astria said, imagining the scene with a smile.

Someone chuckled behind them. When they turned around, they saw Fred and George rushing downstairs, both looking extremely excited.

"It's settled," Fred whispered triumphantly to the small group.

"We've done it," George added.

"What are you up to? We saw you alone in a corner with books open, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't for academic purposes," Astria questioned with a mocking smile.

"These idiots want to try putting their names in the Goblet," Hermione provided, equally teasing.

"Do they really think they can fool old Dumbledumb?" Astria raised an eyebrow.

"Dumble what?!" Harry exclaimed in shock.

"Shh, Pottah. I want to hear the answer," Draco said, appearing out of nowhere over Harry's shoulder, like a mischievous poltergeist.

"Malfoy!" Harry pushed him away grumpily but remained quiet to listen.

"The Aging Potion, you dunderheads," Fred said.

"A drop each," George added, rubbing his hands with joy. "We just need to age a few months."

"I don't know, lads. This is far too ridiculous," Astria warned, trying to stifle her laughter.

"Exactly, little star!" George teased.

"Exactly because it's so ridiculous, it's perfect," Fred concluded.

"Ready, Fred?"

"Ready, George."

They twisted their arms and drank the potions simultaneously. Both took pieces of parchment from their pockets with their names and their respective schools written on them.

The boys went straight to the line and stood there, swaying on their toes as if they were about to jump off a cliff. Then, under the watchful eyes of everyone in the hall, they leaped into the circle. Nothing happened, and they started celebrating as if they had won the lottery, being applauded by the others in the hall. Then they both put their names in the Goblet at the same time.